Glacial Spike - Updated

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Katsumi

Re: Glacial Spike - How to Ham 101

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am

Are you running this spec only in raids or also in high M+? Previously I had a lot of fun with GS, using Shard and Sephuz' (which can be procced by GS).
Arandomperson

Unread postby Arandomperson Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Are you worried that the paragon point bonuses will be removed in 7.2 so we wont have that 14.5% dmg increase which is a necessity for glacial spike?
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Are you worried that the paragon point bonuses will be removed in 7.2 so we wont have that 14.5% dmg increase which is a necessity for glacial spike?
Whats the best way to kill a spec? speculation. Play the spec while it's viable and stop trying to predict what's happening months away it's pointless, and most likely you will miss the mark by miles.

When thats being said, i just jumped into this spec again, after playing it more than not through EN, and i gotta say it's much more reliable now than it was then. Without using CD's pot's and other benefactors i can pull a steady 450k dps barely trying, which is nuts imo. In fire i parse 550-600 ST if im doing really good and i put so much effort into that. But if i can just walk into NH mythic tonight and Drop 600k+ dps without the big amount of trouble, i gotta say this spec is busted, and might just be what i've been looking for on ST fights.

I've also noticed that without any FB or IL relics the dmg from shattering my GS is higher than shattering FB+IL, so if i got Flurry up, and i'm only one Frostbolt away from GS i tend to save Flurry for GS+IL since it´s apparently posible now that the travel time of Flurry has gone down. I'm not sure if this is optimal or not, but from what i can see the dmg is strong, and with ~75% of my GS being crit, it seems right, but is it?
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:43 pm

I've also noticed that without any FB or IL relics the dmg from shattering my GS is higher than shattering FB+IL, so if i got Flurry up, and i'm only one Frostbolt away from GS i tend to save Flurry for GS+IL since it´s apparently posible now that the travel time of Flurry has gone down. I'm not sure if this is optimal or not, but from what i can see the dmg is strong, and with ~75% of my GS being crit, it seems right, but is it?
They actually increased the speed of flurry in the hotfix this past Tuesday. They didn't like people shattering two lances under IV and lust.
Lammer

Unread postby Lammer Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:02 pm

What is the right way to use shatter combo in this build?

If I have FoF and BF procs, GS not on CD, what should I do?
Syxx

Unread postby Syxx Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:04 pm

If you can pick any 2 940 legendarily items available, which two would they be?
Arandomperson

Unread postby Arandomperson Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Can you actually shatter Glacial Spike without doing the blink then flurry combo?
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Can you actually shatter Glacial Spike without doing the blink then flurry combo?
Not currently. Glacial travels rather fast.
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

What is the right way to use shatter combo in this build?

If I have FoF and BF procs, GS not on CD, what should I do?
GS not on cd? I assume you mean it's available? You would glacial, then use your Brain freeze proc. Assuming you're not capped on FoF procs.

Very vague question but just make sure to use procs to prevent capping, BF caps at 1 stack so use that over FoF if for example you're only at 2 FoF procs.
Uaeko

Unread postby Uaeko Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 pm

So if I were to build a GS specific WA for my wife; what am I looking at tracking for sure for sure?

Brain Freeze
FoF
Incanter's Flow
GS
Frozen Orb
Bone Chilling (until she has gear enough for lonely)
Ebonbolt CD
Flurry

Anything else? IV. TimeWarp. Hrm.

Range check for distance (does the 22yard thingy matter still?)

Anything out there reccomended I could adapt? Save time on building.
Drozzy

Unread postby Drozzy Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Anything else? IV. TimeWarp. Hrm.
Personally I like having chain reaction and blizzard cooldown(or duration) auras. Brain Freeze is covered by blizzard auras, and I adapted FoF to add extra graphics for a 3rd charge, from the base of 2 from blizzard. (Note, Blizzard FoF auras are still bugged. Sometimes when casting FoF multiple times, the graphic will show you having 2 FoF when you only have 1 charge left. So keep that in mind.) Other than that, I'm a TV player, so I can't say too much about GS auras.
You'll probably want to keep track of icicles as the way to keep track of GS, rather than just if GS is usable.
Lextasy

Unread postby Lextasy Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Not "worried", but has anyone seen what they plan to do with the paragon points in regards to %. I am sure this is a common "worry" among all classes/specs...?
Uaeko

Unread postby Uaeko Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 pm

They just posted it today. MMO-C has it.
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Not "worried", but has anyone seen what they plan to do with the paragon points in regards to %. I am sure this is a common "worry" among all classes/specs...?
Patch 7.2 is months away, even then we should see some type compensation.
Uaeko

Unread postby Uaeko Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Ooops. Blizzard Watch had it:

http://blizzardwatch.com/2017/01/25/new ... clarified/" target="_blank
Arandomperson

Unread postby Arandomperson Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:12 am

With the 2set I'm guessing you still shatter all your frostbolts even though for the thermal void build that is no longer the case. Also is the 4set even worth going for as gs?
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 am

With the 2set I'm guessing you still shatter all your frostbolts even though for the thermal void build that is no longer the case. Also is the 4set even worth going for as gs?
Yea shattering frostbolts = bigger glacials. We use ice lance now so the 4 set is nice, however it's not that big. I wouldn't drop anything significant ilvl wise to pick it up.
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:11 am

Good Job with the updates Razlopp. I'm going to redirect to this post from the old one.
nickthetrainer91

Unread postby nickthetrainer91 Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:51 am

Can someone explain the "shattering" process of frostbolt to GS??

also, what kind of crit cap am i looking at ?? i have about 25% crit, but 72% mastery and 3% vers.

I use Fury of the Burning Sky and SSFC (875, mastery proc trink)

should i be using infernal writ over SSFC??? or even my 870 oakhart... please help!!!

this spec is awesome
Vexim

Unread postby Vexim Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 am

Can someone explain the "shattering" process of frostbolt to GS??

also, what kind of crit cap am i looking at ?? i have about 25% crit, but 72% mastery and 3% vers.

I use Fury of the Burning Sky and SSFC (875, mastery proc trink)

should i be using infernal writ over SSFC??? or even my 870 oakhart... please help!!!

this spec is awesome
All listed in the OP mate, give it another thorough read..
Ideal way to handle flurry procs, Frostbolt->Flurry>Ice lance
Frostbolt won't shatter if you're not at least 20~ yards away from the boss.
If that is the case then you can Flurry freely and Ice Lance after.

Return to “Frost”