Glacial Spike - Updated

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Eggochiggo

Re: Glacial Spike - How to Ham 101

Unread postby Eggochiggo Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 pm

Since I switched from fire my gear has the perfect crit for Frost (33%), but my haste/matery are skewed. I'm like 48% mastery and 15% haste 6% versatility. Do you think since my mastery is so inflated glacial spike would be better dps than TV? Right now I'm 897 and pull between 625k-750k per fight normally (TV spec).
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Since I switched from fire my gear has the perfect crit for Frost (33%), but my haste/matery are skewed. I'm like 48% mastery and 15% haste 6% versatility. Do you think since my mastery is so inflated glacial spike would be better dps than TV? Right now I'm 897 and pull between 625k-750k per fight normally (TV spec).
Best bet is to SIM it but you don't have THAT much mastery. I have about as much as you and less than the 33% crit and I'm still doing better with TV. The new traits do better for TV than GS imo.
pugs

Unread postby pugs Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:33 am

So just grabbed the latest Simcraft for 7.2. Mastery seems to have taken a big jump up for this spec...Does that seem right?

I currently get scale facors of:

Mastery: 19.14
Crit: 18.32
Vers: 18.22
Int: 17.35
Haste: 15.69

I have been heavily going away from Mastery with new gear toward Versatility....ugh now looks like back the other way. Or is something screwy with Simcraft?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:29 am

That does not seem right.

Did you get it for the nightlies?
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:07 pm

That does nto look right at all, specially the part where mastery would be more valuable than int, point by point.
pugs

Unread postby pugs Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 am

I was using the SimulationCraft 7.2.0, release 1 Released on 08 Apr 2017. Would the nighly be better to use?

I just reran after changing a helm and the numbers shifted around a bit with basically Crit ~= Vers ~= Mastery > Int ~= SP > Haste.

Crit, Vers and Mast are all 19-19.4. Int is 17.99 and Haste is 16.66....which as you all said normally Int is on top for this spec and probably all specs.
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 am

if you link your armory there's a good chance someone will sim you and let you know if they're getting the same results. I wouldn't mind doing it, though it might take a day or two for me to see the comment. Generally, using the daily builds is best.
pugs

Unread postby pugs Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 am

Here is my armor link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... mac/simple" target="_blank

Just simmed again and got Mastery way on top at 19.41 followed by Vers at 17.99, Crit at 17.26, Int at 17.24 and Haste at 15.41
pies

Unread postby pies Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:12 am

http://imgur.com/a/g2NLc
I got a bit over 20 mastery for you
Caps2894

Unread postby Caps2894 Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 am

Do ist understand it right thats you nee for GS is mastery and versa?

I rly like frost But i dont like TV.. Its ok that gs Do lesser dps But could anyone tell mehr The stat prio for the gs build?

Thank u!
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 am

Do ist understand it right thats you nee for GS is mastery and versa?
You actually need a combination of crit, versatility, mastery, usually in that order. Simming yourself is the best way to find out with stat comes out on top at any given time.
Daakal

Unread postby Daakal Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 am

Can someone help me out, I've been playing this spec for about 3-4 months and I love it, completely embraced it however I am garbage with Simcraft. I attempted to sim myself a month ago and could not get the dps numbers anywhere near what they should have been. I pull on low movement fights 750ish, and high movement 550ish

I figured once I was crit capped 33%, to start pushing into vers, so I am trying to swap out crit for vers, but its alot harder using two trinkets that are supposedly super solid. I also have the following legendarys in bag, Zann'esu Journey, and Kil'jaedens Burning Wish

34% crit
16.9% haste
47.6% mastery
4.7% vers

here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced" target="_blank
here is our wow logs for parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/75127/" target="_blank

I used to be a good mage :( please someone tell me what I am doing wrong!

-Daakal / Alikire
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:38 pm

@Daakal. So, the way I sim GS is to pull the action priority list from the simcraft import on the first page of this thread and use it on my imported character. In steps, use the nightly simcraft build and you

1. import your character as normal
2. Delete the actions list, but keep the character information at the top and gear information at the bottom
3. Go to the first page in the thread and copy the action list (everything below "# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only." and until the gear starts)
4. paste this into your imported character and sim as usual

if you're already doing that and/or are still having trouble, please explain the issue a bit more.
Sleepymages

Unread postby Sleepymages Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 am

Can someone help me out, I've been playing this spec for about 3-4 months and I love it, completely embraced it however I am garbage with Simcraft. I attempted to sim myself a month ago and could not get the dps numbers anywhere near what they should have been. I pull on low movement fights 750ish, and high movement 550ish

I figured once I was crit capped 33%, to start pushing into vers, so I am trying to swap out crit for vers, but its alot harder using two trinkets that are supposedly super solid. I also have the following legendarys in bag, Zann'esu Journey, and Kil'jaedens Burning Wish

34% crit
16.9% haste
47.6% mastery
4.7% vers

here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced" target="_blank
here is our wow logs for parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/75127/" target="_blank

I used to be a good mage :( please someone tell me what I am doing wrong!

-Daakal / Alikire

From my sims all the NH trinkets (inc whispers) are worse than Arcanocrystal or KJ trinket (even losing the legendary somewhere else).

If you want to run 4pc with GS I think chest/gloves/legs/cloak are the optimal set pieces. Your best setup likely is using the KJ trinket and one other legendary (probably belt or ring) but sim yourself.
Daakal

Unread postby Daakal Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:21 am

So first off thank you both for answering. Initial sim with current setup was 786k. I was unable to find any other combination of gear in my bags switching between bolvirs, kiljaedens, sephuz and zannesu and maintaining 4 set, that beat it. Thats after 10 sim combos. So from that I am fairly confident my current setup is pretty solid.

But if I am not pulling those numbers then I have to be doing something wrong with the casting.
I took to the class hall and did 15:25 on the boss dummy. Granted this was WAY longer than normal sim fights, and I did not use Timewarp, but I wanted to see how the damage stacked up by ability in the long run.

also not sure how to upload my sim.
pugs

Unread postby pugs Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 am

@Daakal. So, the way I sim GS is to pull the action priority list from the simcraft import on the first page of this thread and use it on my imported character. In steps, use the nightly simcraft build and you

1. import your character as normal
2. Delete the actions list, but keep the character information at the top and gear information at the bottom
3. Go to the first page in the thread and copy the action list (everything below "# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only." and until the gear starts)
4. paste this into your imported character and sim as usual

if you're already doing that and/or are still having trouble, please explain the issue a bit more.
I thought we didn't need to do this anymore according to one of the updates in the original post. I thought the action priorty list was built into simcraft sometime in 7.1.5 for this spec other than a leading ebonbolt.
gogoolybo

Unread postby gogoolybo Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Is there someone who really plays with it? I mean in mythic Raids and M+? For PvP it's a Little bit OP, but for PvE?

The Guide isn't actually :(

Want to know it, because i want to Switch TV to GS build
Daakal

Unread postby Daakal Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 am

Is there someone who really plays with it? I mean in mythic Raids and M+? For PvP it's a Little bit OP, but for PvE?

The Guide isn't actually :(

Want to know it, because i want to Switch TV to GS build

I play this spec, it pulls strong numbers in mythic+ (highest I did was +11 post patch) and in heroic, I haven't been in mythic raids yet. The cleave is massive, and the single target damage is really good. Frost got a huge buff to AOE so its viable for almost anything.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:47 am

Frost got a huge buff to AOE so its viable for almost anything.
Which buff was that?
Daakal

Unread postby Daakal Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 am

Frost got a huge buff to AOE so its viable for almost anything.
Which buff was that?
Ok maybe not "huge" but sizable, it is now competitive for AOE.

Freezing Rain, insta-cast blizzards when orbs up, with enough mobs you can cycle 2 instant blizzards and have orb back up rinse and repeat.

Return to “Frost”