Glacial Spike - Updated

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Razlopp

Re: Glacial Spike - How to Ham 101

Unread postby Razlopp Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:01 am

Atm the APL will always shatter ebonbolt.

That trinket is okay but nothing special, sure it can give you some crazy stuff like that but it's proc rate is horrid. It can get you some silly stuff like that I suppose but nothing worth investing time for.
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am

That trinket is okay but nothing special, sure it can give you some crazy stuff like that but it's proc rate is horrid. It can get you some silly stuff like that I suppose but nothing worth investing time for.
Thanks for weighing in. Totally agree that it's silly. Maybe just something to play with once ToS is on farm status. It's unfortunate that the proc rate is so poor, but it's not surprising Bliz wouldn't want ppl trying to roll that play style.
Ataraxey

Unread postby Ataraxey Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 am

Can you go into my detail about the GS opener with and without T20?

It seems like without T20 it would be something like:
-precast ebonbolt
-IV, flurry, IL (+ shimmer IL for double)
-Frozen Orb, Icelances as they proc
-Frost bolt, save any flurry procs if you have 3+ icicles
-GS w/ Flurry hopefully, IL

Is that correct?

I have no idea how you'd best use with T20 2 and 4 piece, but it would likely have you open with frozen orb?
TimGeerts

Unread postby TimGeerts Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Given the priority you listed, I am assuming if you have a flurry proc and ebonbolt and GS are ready..you shatter ebonbolt first knowing you'll get another flurry to shatter GS.
Might be missing something here but, wouldn't you shartter GS first, then use Ebonbolt and shatter with the BF proc from EB?
Cause, if you already have BF, then cast EB, you're munching a BF proc by shattering that EB with the already procced flurry.
itchynose

Unread postby itchynose Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 pm

The only time it's worth holding GS and munching icicles is if Frozen Orb with T20 2pc is coming off cd sooner than 10 seconds.

Cheers.
Simply to increase the crit chance of GS? 10s seems like a long time to wait, but I'll trust the sims :)
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:28 pm

-Tim you don't much flurry if you cast it immediately after ebonbolt. That's how flurry works, it's delayed always so you don't get that munched proc unless you sit on a proc and don't cast it quickly after.

-itchy Mainly because you always want to go into Frozen Orb with T20 2pc with a GS ready and tons of procs

Cheers.
Last edited by Razlopp on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j_k0r1

Unread postby j_k0r1 Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi guys. Can you answer for my question: what stats priority will be on 7.2.5 for GS-build? 33,34% crit more important part, after stay mastery or versatility? I know about simcraft and "personal stats for personal character". But generally? First page contain "followed by Versatility once the cap is reached". Mastery really sucks? But Evandis testing GS-build with 64% Mastery and 5% Vers. (https://youtu.be/NOt-m3RsRYI)
Who can help me with this question?
Thanks alot.
Xaximbo

Unread postby Xaximbo Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Question regarding to new sims:

I have an arcanocrystal of 860, after 9 months into the expansion i don't know if i am lucky or not tbh,right now i am using a 900 whispers in the dark and an 885 erratic metronome, mainly because im playing TV should i swap metronome with arcanocrystal? Apparently the 860 toy is still better for GS than most NH trinkets.

I think im going to play GS again, gonna stack crit versa haste just in case TV receives a buff later on, mastery sims the worse for both specs so far (noticeably worse for TV though)

Id like to see logs but frost remains pretty unchanged, arguably nerfed, at least with t19 pieces, when we have heroic tier 20 pieces equipped might be different im afraid of another EN with all the 3 mage specs at the bottom.
Razlopp

Unread postby Razlopp Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:58 pm

-j_kor1 Mastery is a good stat, but once you get more gear vers overtakes mastery. More mastery will give you "bigger glacial spikes" but glacial is only 25% of your rotation. You want higher Ice lance/Flurry/etc.

-Xaximbo Yea your arcano should overtake metronome. Also if you recall in EN Glacial spike was the best, at least the people who knew about it ;).
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Given the priority you listed, I am assuming if you have a flurry proc and ebonbolt and GS are ready..you shatter ebonbolt first knowing you'll get another flurry to shatter GS.
I would guess you shatter GS first with the Flurry proc you already have, then Ebon > Flurry to shatter ebon.
Detoxx

Unread postby Detoxx Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 pm

So we just use IV on cooldown starting at the opener, or so we have more flexibility here than we did with Thermal Void builds?
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Do we HOLD the GS if we don't have a Brain Freeze proc available, or cast as we get to 5?
3lorian

Unread postby 3lorian Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 am

hey razlopp, I'm wondering above the differences in the leggo sims from Your first round to yoyr sims including 910 whispers. It looks like Pyrdaz takes a massive jump up the charts and KJBW takes a massive drop. It also looks like your second round of just Shard/Mags jumped up 40k in dps. Is that just random RNG or did you use a different sim build? Obviously I'll sim myself when it hits but I'm also a planner so I was trying to figure what I'll upgrade after Shard (assuming I don't get helm before FoF ring)

What is going to be your upgrade order ?
Elandelor

Unread postby Elandelor Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:28 am

A few questions:

1- If I have a BF proc up when FO is up should I just BF -> IL in an attempt to avoid munching the upcoming FoF procs from FO?
2- Does the CmS helm change the rotation in any way?
3- Does GS benefit from the bracer lego stacks?
Eggochiggo

Unread postby Eggochiggo Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 pm

What is the owl trinket, sorry for my ignorance?
Aikha

Unread postby Aikha Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Tarnished Sentinel Medallion trinket that drops from Tomb of Sargeras boss Sisters of the Moon, the icon is an owl.
Roval

Unread postby Roval Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Some questions;

1) Should we be using BF procs as they come?
2) At what point (# of icicles) should we hold BF procs for GS?
3) Should we be using GS WITHOUT BF procs ever?
4) Should IL be popped on first GS cast to get the most GS into the frozen veins window? Is this deemed not worth it to delay?
Roval - Stormrage - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... l/advanced" target="_blank
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Some questions;

1) Should we be using BF procs as they come?
2) At what point (# of icicles) should we hold BF procs for GS?
3) Should we be using GS WITHOUT BF procs ever?
4) Should IL be popped on first GS cast to get the most GS into the frozen veins window? Is this deemed not worth it to delay?
A few of those questions can be answered by reviewing the OP as it's been updated to reflect the new things for GS with 7.2.5.
Apu

Unread postby Apu Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 pm

What would your opener look like with the t20 4pc?
Would you Frostbolt (pre-pull)>Orb> Ebonbolt and much that first FoF? Or is it better build a GS and then orb?
zulgohlan

Unread postby zulgohlan Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Hey razlopp, may u post your actual APL for GS pls
cheers zul

Return to “Frost”