How to get 3 FoF with water jet

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Atog

How to get 3 FoF with water jet

Unread postby Atog Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Its a pretty simple process but it hasn't been mentioned here and can be pretty important for maintaining Icy Veins. Frost can be an extremely mobile spec due to all the instants we cast and this utilizes that to the extreme. You start at max range and cast a frostbolt, the travel time makes it so that you dont even have to start channeling water jet until the frostbolt is already in transit. then you shimmer / icy flows up to the boss while spamming frostbolt to close the gap and if you get close enough by the 3rd you can get them all to hit within water jet duration. an extra 2 seconds sometimes is all it takes to keep icy veins going until the next frozen orb and I find this very useful, hope you guys do too! This also works with flurry and ice lance allowing a second ice lance in the winter's chill window but I cannot get it to happen consistently, whereas the above trick I can get 100% now as long as the boss allows me to.
Illeriia

Re: How to get 3 FoF with water jet

Unread postby Illeriia Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 pm

This is definitely nice when you can actually do it, but be careful about blowing most/all of your movement for one more FoF.
Riley

Unread postby Riley Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:29 am

You don't need to be at max range, it works at roughly 12 yards, considering shimmer ports you 20 yards away you need to change your direction quickly while casting the 3rd frostbolt.
Shadra

Unread postby Shadra Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:03 pm

I often open with waterjet, because if you cast it just before your first frostbolt goes out, and then hit IV/lust, you can fit 3 frostbolts in before WJ ends.

Return to “Frost”