Shard of the Exodar in 7.2

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Platter

Shard of the Exodar in 7.2

Unread postby Platter Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 am

Mod edit: Better title.

Shard of the Exodar: Your Time Warp does not cause Temporal Displacement on yourself and is not will be applied to yourself at 25 sec duration when you are affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself.

So what does this change exactly mean? Im really confused cuz do they mean it does apply 25 sec into bloodlust or what exactly do they mean.
mustreach

Re: Shard of exodar changes

Unread postby mustreach Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 am

I understood this to mean that we will get a 25s lust when we use TW while having a lust debuff. It essentially looks like a 37.5% nerf to the ring's effect to me (25s vs. 40s).

Guess I need another frost legendary :lol: :lol:
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Re: Shard of the Exodar in 7.2

Unread postby Norrinir Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:47 am

Yes, this means that your second (or even third) lust will only last 25 sec, instead of the current 40 sec. You also can't be the first one to use lust if you want to benefit from this legendary (previously, you could start the fight with TW and have someone else lust for you).
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:40 am

closer to a 70% nerf because you lose 30 seconds and the ability to use lust on the pull.
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am

Shard isn't even bis for 2 out of 3 specs and you can't unlock its full potential on like half the fights since you don't lust on pull.. Seems an OTT nerf to me.
Zlimex

Unread postby Zlimex Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:20 pm

I guess this means I should try to get the bracers instead.
kaNEt

Unread postby kaNEt Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Yes, this means that your second (or even third) lust will only last 25 sec, instead of the current 40 sec. You also can't be the first one to use lust if you want to benefit from this legendary (previously, you could start the fight with TW and have someone else lust for you).
u will have no 3rd bl since it debufs you the first time is cast
dangoth

Unread postby dangoth Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Really struggling to see the reasoning for this. It is by far not the best legendary for any of the specs, shows up often on high parses but does not provide that huge of an increase. Furthermore, it's a jewelry piece, so no int on it. Like.... What? Why?
nirdana

Unread postby nirdana Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Pretty happy i dropped sephuz yesterday :D

But dont rly understand the nerf of it. Even on the best possbile encounters like BLing and cleave in later time it wasnt the best legendary. Maybe theyre now balancing game around 1 min and 30s fights :O
Illeriia

Unread postby Illeriia Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I already have the Bracers and the Gloves (rare occasion so this is more of a niche thing), and I was planning on trying to roll legendaries in Frost spec in hopes of getting the Time Warp ring. I guess this allows me to roll for fire/arcane legendaries at this point. Puts a bitter taste in my mouth with them nerfing the only legendary thats universally good for all 3 specs.
Causese

Unread postby Causese Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 am

nah you still get lust even with debuff but only if you use it.

you can also be the first to lust but don't recommend it if you want to lust a second time within 5min or if someone lusts a splitsecond earlier than you and ruins your lust
Ponkster

Unread postby Ponkster Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:20 am

This legendary in the right hands is far too strong and anyone defending it is just salty.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Really struggling to see the reasoning for this. It is by far not the best legendary for any of the specs, shows up often on high parses but does not provide that huge of an increase. Furthermore, it's a jewelry piece, so no int on it. Like.... What? Why?
It's the best legendary for both Frost Spec.

*shrug*
kaNEt

Unread postby kaNEt Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 pm

nah you still get lust even with debuff but only if you use it.

you can also be the first to lust but don't recommend it if you want to lust a second time within 5min or if someone lusts a splitsecond earlier than you and ruins your lust
i know how the ring works, nowadays if fight is +5mins i do:

0 my bl pull
X random moment ask for bl
5 mins after 0 my 3rd bl

with the changes at the first bl you recibe you will get debufed so you will not be able to use the 3rd bl since you will have a 10mins debuff since the pull i already know you could use a second one of 25 seconds, but that sucks, its 1 and a half bl's when now im casting 3...
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 pm

You will be able to use 3rd TW. Here's how it would look in 7.2: 0:00 someone else uses raid-wise Bloodlust, you get 40 sec of 30% haste, everyone gets a debuff. 0:40 Bloodlust goes away, you use your Time Warp, get 25 sec of 30% haste (because you have the debuff). 5:40 your Time Warp is off CD and you can use it again for 25 sec of 30% haste.

I also think this nerf is a bit too much, but if their reasoning is to be believed, they made this change to make the effect non-binary and something that can be fine-tuned more easily. Let's just hope they tune it in a way that is still competitive (30-35 sec?).
Makz

Unread postby Makz Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Actually in the Q&A when talking about the ring Ion said they wanted to nerf it because it was not in line with other legendaries. Not sure if he meant that it was too good or not shit enough like the other utility.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 am

This is a very significant nerf, for 2 reasons.

1) The obvious one, 25 seconds instead of 40 seconds
2) You can no longer lust first, which means on fights that last like 6 minutes, you could previously lust 3 times (own on pull -> someone else later -> own on 5+ mins), you can now only get 2 lusts. Ofcource you can still lust 40 seconds into the fight, and again 5.40, but often enough this isn't really useful since you won't have any DPS cooldown 40 seconds into the fight.

I don't really know why they found the need to nerf it this much, it's not even the best legendary for arcane and fire, only for frost, and only in perfect conditions. In nighthold specifically exodar isn't really that good since you don't lust on the pull on a lot of fights.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Mage

Unread postby Mage Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 am

The nerf is only really big for Krossus. On most other fights you can only get 2 TWs anyway.
Also it affects frost more than the other 2 specs, because unlike fire/arcane doing most of its burst in a 15 second window, frost can go full duration of TW while holding IV up.
But hey, frost is dangerously close to melee level of dps, hence the nerf is needed.
Garlic

Unread postby Garlic Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:25 am

But hey, frost is dangerously close to melee level of dps, hence the nerf is needed.
I don't understand, what do you mean?
Mage

Unread postby Mage Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:35 am

It was an (apparently failed) attempt at sarcasm. But I woke up to this today
We agree there could be some cleanup around proc minutiae and Winter's Chill timing, including getting rid of the possibility of the double Ice Lance.

Return to “Frost”