Mage Legendary Ring !

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
kaqau

Re: Mage Legendary Ring !

Unread postby kaqau Tue May 23, 2017 6:51 pm

As opposed to what? sephuz? lol
Texhex

Unread postby Texhex Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm

As opposed to what? sephuz? lol
if the stats on the new ring with only 427 crit haste mastery on 940 ilevel are correct then yes

sephuz on 940 provides 3700 secondary stats. those ~ 2500 more + 2% base haste might be, without simming it now, better than the new ring with the additional SI talent. even belovirs might be better, but its a setslot.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Wed May 24, 2017 10:24 pm

The new ring is absolute garbage for anything except Arcane.
The new legendary Frost Helm is more likely to make an impact on things, now that x2 IL is dead (and the reduction on IV extension in half) -- so Shard value diminished a bit, Gloves also diminished a lot...

Cast Comet Storm on the target every 8 Frostbolts or Flurries.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 am

The new ring is absolute garbage for anything except Arcane.
The new legendary Frost Helm is more likely to make an impact on things, now that x2 IL is dead (and the reduction on IV extension in half) -- so Shard value diminished a bit, Gloves also diminished a lot...

Cast Comet Storm on the target every 8 Frostbolts or Flurries.
Except this takes a tier slot.
Texhex

Unread postby Texhex Fri May 26, 2017 11:18 am

yes the tier slot might be a problem. Sims need to show if the legendary effect of the new helm will be better than the old 2set. also it depends alot on the ilevel of the old 2set items. i think the new legendaries (not the ring) are all really strong (especially fire one sims ridiculously high) and for frost it might depend on the ilevel you got from old 2set.
in the end sims will show what to wear :) but the ring will be garbage in its current form
StoneDog0055

Unread postby StoneDog0055 Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 am

The helm looks good, not for an IV build but for a GS build.

As you want to be casting FB to build up your GS having it double dip is sweet. The loss of the 8% flurry from our T19 is less noticeable with this build.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Sat May 27, 2017 4:42 am

The helm looks good, not for an IV build but for a GS build.

As you want to be casting FB to build up your GS having it double dip is sweet. The loss of the 8% flurry from our T19 is less noticeable with this build.
I don't think it's that straightforward. Flurry does make your GS bigger, and hit harder, so having more flurries is good.
kaqau

Unread postby kaqau Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 pm

People on mage discord have been linking this sim where it shows helm beats out 2 and 4p combo.
Amerika

Unread postby Amerika Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 am

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151642/soul ... =1502:3530" target="_blank
those stat weights make it look pretty nice.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 am

It's still very underwhelming and would need even more stats to make it competitive for Frost as it stands.
Amerika

Unread postby Amerika Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 am

very true, i simmed the difference and its around 30k for what Im currently wearing at ilvl 912. Doesnt even compete with belo'virs and its just a utility/statstick
Karbuncle

Unread postby Karbuncle Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm

So right now I'm running Bracers and Shard with my TV spec. Is this the best combo right now for TV, and if not, what is?
Quorgyle

Unread postby Quorgyle Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:56 pm

--ignore--
wrong thread
Last edited by Quorgyle on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alpacapacino

Unread postby alpacapacino Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 pm

have you guys even tried the ring out? i have it and tested it and gives TV more stability. More procs= more damage. Don't matter if you have all those stats and never get procs. js

Simcraft for me showed the ring doing less than the belt so decided to try it myself and my damage went up quite a bit. And i don't mean just raid dummy tests. i mean through mythic 10-15+ and NH at the time and now further testing in ToS don't judge something by it's stats. And I'm pretty damn sure simcraft was undervaluing the ring for me and I'm sure it's doing the same for yall. but i mean if you have bis legendaries yeah the ring is going to be garbo XD

Maybe the stats are underwhelming but you have TV and you have splitting ice. That's ridiculous. You're literally talking about a stack stick versus something that will give you an extra talent, that's no better than using pawn to compare trinkets lol.

From what the author of thermally voiding your enemies said it will just be under the top 3 legendaries. From my knowledge that would be helm, shard and the bracers. So if you don't any of those 3 at all. with no BIS combination of legendaries the ring will be better than the rest of the other legendaries. I would rather put my faith in him than most of you. lol

edit: the reason why simcraft is undervaluing the ring, is if you look under the talents, you'll notice that it only accounts for one talent. For me i chose splitting ice obviously but it only accounts for splitting not for both talents.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:01 am

Soul of the Archmage is implemented correctly, Frozen Touch is just a rather weak talent.
Cob

Unread postby Cob Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 am

Would like to think of the ring as a bad luck procs protection to have a sustain dps or crazy amount of proccs streak. this ring makes it a bit more forgiving in such scenario.

Did couple of tos and raid target testing , a good ring to replace shard when bloodlust isn't used at the start of a fight. all in all , a good legendary for a TV build.
reeka

Unread postby reeka Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:05 am

I think the ring would be an ok replacement for shard in TV build in case you cannot Cast another TW. I'm not sure it would be better than the head though but I would say that it is very decent.
Xaximbo

Unread postby Xaximbo Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:56 pm

The ring is very weak, the new TV is mainly holding IV for ~40 seconds and casting many FB, with IV relics you can IV every half a minute or so, haste weight has taken a dump, with the 2 IL issue you needed something like 30% haste, and this way you were able to keep IV uptime almost forever if lucky. The haste was needed because every FoF added 2 seconds and took half a second to launch.

Right now every FoF = 1 second, with some haste you can throw an IL every 0.8 seconds or so, anytime you don't get procs and you have to cast frostbolts you are doomed to lose the IV uptime so i'd say that what is more worth right now is having the crit cap (as usual) and in the frozen orb windows drop as much FoF as posible, versatility and int scale better because of this, the ring won't be useful as it gives you more FoF when you cast frostbolts which is not what you want to do on this window of enhanced crit damage. Virtually the best use of haste is reducing the IV time which is your second source of damage by critting with frostbolts, but stop thinking the ring will lead to endless IV because it won't.

Return to “Frost”