GS built or TV built

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
caBOOMz

Re: GS built or TV built

Unread postby caBOOMz Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello everyone.

Is GS much worse than TV atm @ mythic level of raids and gear and high m+? Looking at all top pve frost mages, they all use TV, is it so for a significant reason? Can i still top dps meters with GS instead of TV? Is it true that if i go for GS build it's vers > int = mastery after crit cap? If not, what stats are prio for GS build and which should i go for? I have only 13% haste, should i increase it to any higher certain amount with GS build or forget it totally? And finally, what stats are the best for TV atm for mythic raids and m+?
Like allways the best answer is "sim yourself mate".
At least for me TV or GS, Shard+Bracers or Shard+Helm stat priorities are pretty much same: Crit Cap>Vers>Haste>Mastery. Mastery is much worse than any other stat, so I'd recommend to avoid it. But anyway, with ToS gear we dont have too much of choice, unless you're lucky with M+ and weekly cache gear.

Regarding GS or TV: again depends on your current gear. For me TV sims better than GS and anyway I'd play TV regardless, because it is easier to play, no long and boring GS casts.
Notdev

Re: GS built or TV built

Unread postby Notdev Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 pm

I just went back to TV after being GS since patch launched. I found myself doing a bit better as TV. Lower skill cap, frees up room to worry about other stuff during progression, etc. Also a tad less RNG dependent.

Return to “Frost”