7.2.5 Trinkets

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Beave

7.2.5 Trinkets

Unread postby Beave Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Most gearing going into TOS appears to be pretty straight forward for frost. My only question going into tonight with up to 9 bonus rolls at my disposal is which trinkets to use. With the removal of double IL the metronome seems to have lost some practical impact. WitD at a high ilvl looks like it will continue to be a must-use for most ST/cleave fights. Beyond that I'm just guessing at the dungeon loot logs. I haven't seen the stacked bar trinket chart yet that's so amazing. Anyone have any suggestions on assumed BiS trinkets for ToS?

Edit: Did some wowhead looking at the loot guide. The Kil'Jaeden trinket looks by default as a main stat stick like it will be BIS for single target situations even if the crit boost looks trivial. The spear trinket looks interesting for multi target because it appears to give you 3s warning to line up the proc for maximum effect. It may be worth playing with, but typically those trinkets have not simmed well..
srodg2

Re: 7.2.5 Trinkets

Unread postby srodg2 Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Im pretty sure KJ wont be good considering you'll have to replace a better legendary to equip it. Luckily for me im going into 7.2.5 with 920 whispers and a 915 socket crit stick.

That being said stat sticks are usually safe since prior tier trinks seem to always get nerfed. That haste trink off i believe the 3rd boss seems be a good one assuming blink doesnt count as actual movement. I heard the owl trink is very good but as a mastery stick and me being frost i'm not a huge fan of it. There's an on use crit one from KJ that seems good on paper but if you're already close to or at your shatter cap the weight of the crit will be pretty low. close to mastery.

I think the best set up would be a nice TF'd haste or verse stick (assuming crit is 30-33%) with that haste stick from heroic assuming you're carrying over decent trinks from last tier.

Edit: I assumed the legendary trink when you said KJ's. But still think its not that great for frost considering we should already be at or near shatter cap. It would go well with mastery and crit as an end game trink (since more damage would get stored in icicles) but until haste and verse plateaus we aren't there yet.
Eggochiggo

Unread postby Eggochiggo Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Just looking at the GS thread, it looks like Shard/KJBW is the 3rd best legendary combo for ST, best for 2 targets, and 3rd for 4 targets. Being able to use those two legendaries really free up a lot of Tier slots for properly itemized pieces.

Plus you only have to worry about getting an 880 arcano or a decent owl trinket rather than both. I don't have the helm/bracers/ice time so the decision is pretty easy for me to go with Shard/KJBW as my go to combo, but even if i get those items I feel I can make a case for using the KJBW, the dps difference is so small anyway.
joust41

Unread postby joust41 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:11 pm

I am pretty sure he was referring to the intellect trinket that drops from KJ and not the legendary trinket KJ Burning Wish. The crit on it does look trivial and to be honest, so does the damage. The limited knowledge I have of ToS trinkets points towards Tarnished Sentinel and Terrow from Below, although Charm of the Rising Tide could be good as well. Obviously, WitD remains one of the very best.
Naiyano

Unread postby Naiyano Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 am

I am pretty sure he was referring to the intellect trinket that drops from KJ and not the legendary trinket KJ Burning Wish. The crit on it does look trivial and to be honest, so does the damage. The limited knowledge I have of ToS trinkets points towards Tarnished Sentinel and Terrow from Below, although Charm of the Rising Tide could be good as well. Obviously, WitD remains one of the very best.
For my char Tarnished Sentinel is the best by far followed by Terrow from Below. Both are way better than my 895 Metronome. Unsure if they are better than my 910 WitD but probably not with 915 ilvl.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Terror from Below

On Fallen Avatar encounter, phase 1, the proc does not hit/dmg the Fallen Avatar(works on Maiden). Works on Fallen Avatar in phase 2, but u miss out on all the dmg in phase 1 unless its fixed soon. Reported ingame.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
blackgandolf

Unread postby blackgandolf Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Slightly off topic of trinkets, but fallen avatar phase 1 is wonky all around. Splitting ice ILs and GSs also do not cleave it. May be intentional, most likely bug with hit boxes.
Rouedkaross

Unread postby Rouedkaross Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Is Terror from Below that good ? Simed between 885 metronome and 905 Terror and the TfB was like -60k dps less than metronome
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Is Terror from Below that good ? Simed between 885 metronome and 905 Terror and the TfB was like -60k dps less than metronome
are you sure you have the lastest version of simulationcraft? im 100% sure thats not correct.

There are sims out for 7.2.5 here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... w?sle=true#" target="_blank
Rouedkaross

Unread postby Rouedkaross Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Well i don't know. I'm using the last available on the website (Released on 21 Apr 2017).

I'm having a lot of troubles optimizing my gear... I barely have 19% haste so maybe that's why... whatever i equip the sim always tells me haste > int. Coming back after a 3months break i keep getting new gear almost every day so I sim myself every time i loot something to see if it's an upgrade or not. Even keeping barely 20% haste is a tough challenge for me. Either 33% crit 15% haste or 23% crit 23% haste, the latter gives me way more DPS on simcraft.

I'm playing TV btw
Searix

Unread postby Searix Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:06 am

ran this today
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 am

Well i don't know. I'm using the last available on the website (Released on 21 Apr 2017).
That's probably version 720. It does not take the TOS trinkets into account.

Try the nightlies.
Beave

Unread postby Beave Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 am

Broedest, TY for the link. If you updated that sheet you're amazing.

Sorry to see WitD was nerfed a bit. Still looks very strong as a stat stick.

I'm surprised Terror is simming so high for ST.

I rolled greed on my guild's normal clear and got the Spear trinket because nobody else wanted it. It's very nice for World questing as it procs within a few seconds of pull every time and seems to have a pretty high proc rate. With a weak aura that lets you know you've got a proc it is pretty easy to line it up. On quick trash pack pulls it will do a lot of damage. Probably not endgame useable, but it may be good for M+.
fejr

Unread postby fejr Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm surprised Terror is simming so high for ST.
Terror is ST trinket, it splits damage.
Thessadar

Unread postby Thessadar Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:59 am

Hello guy's !

I am in trouble understanding the point of the delicious "Tome of unravelling sanity" i droped yesterday.
Shoul'd i use it on CD ? Tempo for vein's ?
Due to the Crit explosion under it, is it still worth to go to the shatter crit 33% on global stat and boost some others... I have to admit i'm pretty lost with it...
Thanks for your advices ;) (i'm playin TV ofc)

Return to “Frost”