[7.3] TV - Talents, Relics, Stats, Racials & More!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Glynny

[7.3] TV - Talents, Relics, Stats, Racials & More!

Unread postby Glynny Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:37 am

Hello,

[11/07/2017 - Added legendary profiles (big thanks to Norrinir for the help!)
[07/07/2017 - Updated 4 Target Relics Sims to use the highest simming 4 Target talents]

First off let me start off by saying that I'm not trying to replace Frosted by making this kind of post, but I had some free time, there are lot of questions and Frosted is a busy man!

Obviously the idea came from Frosted's post so to keep things consistent I will keep the same format as much as I can.

The spec for these simulations was the highest performed talent choice which was LW, IF, FT, UM, TV.

Unless otherwise stated, the following sim conditions were:

fixed_time=1
max_time=450
vary_combat_length=0.2
target_race=demon
iterations=5000
threads=4
race=dwarf

Table of Contents
1)Single Target Talents
2)Single Target Stat Weights
3)Four Target Talents
4)Four Target Priority Target DPS
5)Four Target Stat Weights
6)Racials
7)Trinkets!
8)Artifact
9)Single Target Relics
10)Four Target Relics
11)Neck Enchants
12)ST Legedendries
13)2T Legedendries
14)4T Legedendries
15)Stats
16)FAQ
Single Target Talents

Single Target Stat Weights

Four Target Talents (stacked)

Four Target Priority Target DPS

Four Target Stat Weights

Racials

Trinkets!

Zulandia put together this great document will all trinkets and a staggered item level!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1916091195" target="_blank
Artifact

Courtesy of Zulandia again.
Single Target Relics

Four Target Relics

Neck Enchants

Item sets that can use T19 2PC will be using the T19 2PC in these sims.
ST Legedendries

2T Legedendries

4T Legedendries

Stats

There was also something on Frosted's post about crit cap and how the ratings changed when approaching the crit cap. The same rules will apply, so I will not be wrting about that. You can see it in his thread here!
FAQ

1) Is it worth to maintain the stacking buff gained from Magtheridon's Banished Bracers?
a) No, it's not worth casting non-FoF Ice Lances to maintain the buff.

2) Is it worth to cast Blizzard on single target with the buff "Freezing Rain" up?
a) It isn't worth casting Blizzard on single target when it is instant cast.

3) Is it worth to cancel Frostbolt casts for procs?
a) It's not worth cancelling your casts to use procs.

4) Is it worth to hold Finger of Frost Procs for Incanter's Flow?
a) It isn't worth holding Ice Lance procs for Incanter's Flow, this is due to gaining Brain Freeze procs and ultimately munching more Brain Freeze Procs.

5) If I have Brain Freeze and Finger of Frost Proc what should I munch?
a) Cast Frostbolt, then Flurry, then Ice Lance, munching the FoF Stack

If you have any questions/requests feel free to leave a comment, or find me on the Mage Discord where I basically live.
Last edited by Glynny on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Wiccan

Re: 7.2.5 - Talents, Relics, Stats, Racials & More!

Unread postby Wiccan Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 am

Stat weights are considered after crit cap right?

Surprised with versatility above haste.
WhiteVulpine

Unread postby WhiteVulpine Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:09 am

It HAS to be. I said out loud, wtf...oh wait. When I saw that ^_^

Edit: Actually, I wonder if it is because of Glacial Spike
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:01 pm

It HAS to be. I said out loud, wtf...oh wait. When I saw that ^_^

Edit: Actually, I wonder if it is because of Glacial Spike
The spec is very close to crit cap.

As for the versatility part that's also because this profile has high haste, once you sim yourself more you'll find that the more haste you get, the more versatility you want and vice versa.
Trullthebull

Unread postby Trullthebull Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Great work! One question though - are these sims based on having 4pc t20? Was kinda expecting clarity relics being more ahead of the others due to its interaction with the set bonus.
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Great work! One question though - are these sims based on having 4pc t20? Was kinda expecting clarity relics being more ahead of the others due to its interaction with the set bonus.
The sims were done using the T20 Mythic default profile, the gear for that can be found here:

https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc ... .simc#L109" target="_blank
danissketch

Unread postby danissketch Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:04 am

Why is it that when I sim for TV, SI is higher dps than FT for single target? Am I doing something wrong or is something in my gear/relics causing this?
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 am

Why is it that when I sim for TV, SI is higher dps than FT for single target? Am I doing something wrong or is something in my gear/relics causing this?
It's hard to pin it down to an exact reason as there could be many factors such as:
  • Bracers / No Bracers
  • Let it Go/Obsidian Lance Relics
  • Fight length of the sim etc.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Noce guide but is there also sims for the legos ? Cant seem to find that annywhere
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Noce guide but is there also sims for the legos ? Cant seem to find that annywhere

I added something about legendary items at the bottom of the post.

n.b - I might add legendary profiles to this but I'm kinda lazy and need to thing of a fair way of simming the legendary items without messing the crit cap up etc.

tl;dr on legendaries though: helm/bracers/shard are the best in almost all situations, you should sim yourself.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:30 pm

so i assume letitgo is the best relic as its top for cleave/aoe and second best for single target?
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 am

so i assume letitgo is the best relic as its top for cleave/aoe and second best for single target?
Pretty safe to assume so, yes.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:40 am

I added something about legendary items at the bottom of the post.

n.b - I might add legendary profiles to this but I'm kinda lazy and need to thing of a fair way of simming the legendary items without messing the crit cap up etc.

tl;dr on legendaries though: helm/bracers/shard are the best in almost all situations, you should sim yourself.
So you set out to provide another guide, but aren't motivated enough to make it a viable alternative? Also, "sim yourself" is a useless recommendation, at least for people looking for additional information. Don't be offended by this, but take a hard look at what you're saying and how that matches your opening statement.
Magemån

Unread postby Magemån Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for the work.

You should put stats used to sim (Hast, Versa, Crit, Mastery) because our stat weight are very dependant of our stuff. I agree with you, sim ourself is very important, because of that.

Good improvement could be adding legos ranking but simming ourself is really important for that too...

Well thanks and STICK THIS THREAD !
Needle

Unread postby Needle Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Thanks alot for this.

For me, my (semi bad) 2pc + 4pc still sims better than my legendary helm + offpiece. I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but is titanforged 2pc from tier 19 gonna be the best all tier? (I have 915 helm and 905 cloak).
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 am

Thanks for the work.

You should put stats used to sim (Hast, Versa, Crit, Mastery) because our stat weight are very dependant of our stuff. I agree with you, sim ourself is very important, because of that.

Good improvement could be adding legos ranking but simming ourself is really important for that too...

Well thanks and STICK THIS THREAD !

It's hard to add legendary items to a post such as this without being unfair. Imagine this, you take the defualt profile that is using 6 pieces of tier (T19 & T20) and lets just say for the sake of ease you create 13 (?) profile replacing on piece of gear in each profile with a legendary. You get to the helm and you've broke tier, potentially undervaluing the helm.

The next question you might ask is: Why don't you just create profile for each legendary? Well, then the sims become really unfair because profiles like Sephuz+Shard will have way too much crit potentially undervaluing Sephuz, and shard. It will also be unfair to the other legendary items because the bracers/shard profile will likely tower above everything, which, in your sims it might not be the case.
Glynny

Unread postby Glynny Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:32 am

Thanks alot for this.

For me, my (semi bad) 2pc + 4pc still sims better than my legendary helm + offpiece. I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but is titanforged 2pc from tier 19 gonna be the best all tier? (I have 915 helm and 905 cloak).
It's possible. Norrinir created the default T20_Frost_Mythic profile simming all possible gear combinations from T19/T20 (all base mythic item level 905 for t19, 930 for t20) and the highest was using shoulders/legs from t19 tier.
snafu

Unread postby snafu Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 am

^ to the above.

I have two piece 890 that I swapped out for 4 piece 915 t20 because it sims about 20k higher. But tonight on goroth I did 35 million less damage using my 4 piece 915 tier 20.... The 5% extra chance to brain freeze is THAT huge!? I had a few times I counted 15 frost bolts between brain freeze procs.

If the RNG makes it that much worse not using the 890 two piece, I'm not sure what to do. Trust sim craft and stick with 4 piece 915- t20 or use my 890 two piece since I'm having better luck that way.
StoneDog0055

Unread postby StoneDog0055 Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:29 am

Comparing your DPS between one kill and the next can be tricky. So many things change between pulls with mechanics/boss kill times/lag ect. that it'd be tough to get an accurate bead on it. Could be something a simple as lucky procs one week and nothing the next.

What I'd like to do is after I set my gear up in a sim, I go hit a target dummy for a bit. So if I simmed myself doing 1.2M DPS in a patchwork fight over 5 minutes guess what I go and do ??

Put on all my raid consumables and go smack the shit out of the raid dummy in the order hall for 5 min. Couple things to note:

- The best place I've found to stand is on the stairs facing down towards the raid dummy, this ensures you only hit it and don't cleave onto the others.
- If the set-up I'm using has Shard in it I'll use drums for my second BL.
- If you want to be thorough you should do this a few times with each gear set you wish to compare.
- Hitting 95%+ of you simmed DPS in the order hall is a solid goal.
- A lot of things can change when you actually raid, testing against a dummy and simming yourself are just benchmarks. Use what works.
snafu

Unread postby snafu Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Two more quick questions. Not sure if this has been 100% answered anywhere.

With the 4 piece t20. How do you guys go about doing your opener? Frost bolt on pull, frozen orb, ebon bolt?

Then, if you have a ice lance proc and flurry proc pop up. Are you guys:

A: using ice lance to get rid of it, then frost bolt into your flurry proc

B: automatically frostbolting into your flurry proc and wasting your ice lance proc?

Return to “Frost”