Top logs casting FB right after EB in opener??

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
killigon

Top logs casting FB right after EB in opener??

Unread postby killigon Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:16 am

I went through some of the top logs in ToS atm, and found multiple frost mages opening with EB->FB->FL->IL, I went through damage done instead of casts and it does'nt seem like both the EB and the FB are affected by the FL shatter. Why are they doing this? I can't wrap my head around why this would be a dps gain.

Example:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kf ... w=timeline
reid8470

Re: Top logs casting FB right after EB in opener??

Unread postby reid8470 Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 am

If from 40 yards, maybe EB -> Flurry -> IL occurs before actual pull, then TW -> FB into a Flurry proc into double IL?

If EB + Flurry + IL are all cast before any one of them actually hits (would have to be from 40 years), maybe the action log doesn't pick it up 'cause it'd be pre-combat. Not sure though, would assume that would all be logged.
Schied

Unread postby Schied Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 am

I have a feeling its so that they can get a forced crit on fb and bring up their IV that much quicker. With the crucible and good luck on relics, it's possible to get 3-3.5 sec cd reduction time per fb crit. I myself am sitting on 6 ranks of it right now and its super nice to have it on a 1:10 to 1:30 min cd (on average).
Telepatra

Unread postby Telepatra Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:35 am

I have a feeling its so that they can get a forced crit on fb and bring up their IV that much quicker. With the crucible and good luck on relics, it's possible to get 3-3.5 sec cd reduction time per fb crit. I myself am sitting on 6 ranks of it right now and its super nice to have it on a 1:10 to 1:30 min cd (on average).
This is a fantastic point.
Yokomo

Unread postby Yokomo Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Maybe EB>FB>FL>IL because to shatter FB for Chainreaction witch buffs your following Icelances.
aaryn

Unread postby aaryn Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 am

Risk not shattering Ebonbolt tho?

Return to “Frost”