[Tier 22] Talents, Racials, Weapons Enchants, Azerite, Potions & Foods!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
nickseng

Re: [BFA Pre Patch] Talents, Racials, Legendaries, Enchants, Stats & More!

Unread postby nickseng Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 am

Until about yesterday, all I'd seen regarding BFA Frost was that we'd be going Glacial Spike for ST and Bone Chilling was making a come back because of the loss of the ebonchill traits.

The updates to this post seem to indicate otherwise, with TV / Lonely Winter still being the best choices for those talents.

Did something change recently for this to happen?
Also, if you look closely, the difference between the top TV build and top GS build is literally 3 dps. If that's not an indication of play whatever you like, I don't know what it. :D
Delf

Unread postby Delf Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 pm

So is there still a crit goal to aim for? Is the single target crit priority so low after ~33% or do we not worry about that now?
Eggochiggo

Unread postby Eggochiggo Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 pm

I just simmed my guy this morning and int/mastery are simming as the two highest talents when before i was perfectly optimized for crit/haste. Guess those 975-985 mastery rings might come in handy.
Polarpop

Unread postby Polarpop Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Yeah I'm a bit confused on the shown crit scalings...is that before or after 33%~ crit for it to be so low rated? Is it somehow devalued now?
Julia

Unread postby Julia Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah I'm a bit confused on the shown crit scalings...is that before or after 33%~ crit for it to be so low rated? Is it somehow devalued now?
yes, these weights are after crit cap. Do sim your own characters weights, as you can see it can vary heavily from character to character.
BathrobeJoe

Unread postby BathrobeJoe Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

I hold my Brain Freeze (BF) 100% of the time while playing with Glacial Spike (GS). Meaning, I never use it with only 0-2 Icicles, etc. Nothing is worse than spending a BF proc and then not getting one by the time GS is available and Ebonbolt (EB) is on cool down. In practice for me, it seems optimal. Occasionally I do get an overlapping BF proc, though.

I am curious what some of the Mage community's thoughts are. Do you do the same? Do you use your BF proc immediately on 1 Icicle only? 2 Icicles? Or do you save all of them for GS? etc.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 am

I hold my Brain Freeze (BF) 100% of the time while playing with Glacial Spike (GS). Meaning, I never use it with only 0-2 Icicles, etc. Nothing is worse than spending a BF proc and then not getting one by the time GS is available and Ebonbolt (EB) is on cool down. In practice for me, it seems optimal. Occasionally I do get an overlapping BF proc, though.

I am curious what some of the Mage community's thoughts are. Do you do the same? Do you use your BF proc immediately on 1 Icicle only? 2 Icicles? Or do you save all of them for GS? etc.
You only hold on 3+ icicles.
BathrobeJoe

Unread postby BathrobeJoe Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:28 pm

You only hold on 3+ icicles.
It just feels detrimental when Ebonbolt is on cooldown, I just used my BF proc with 0-2 Icicles, and then I don't get a proc BF for what feels like a very long time. After how many casts do you wait before casting GS or do you just keep pumping FB until you get a proc?
Julia

Unread postby Julia Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 pm

It just feels detrimental when Ebonbolt is on cooldown, I just used my BF proc with 0-2 Icicles, and then I don't get a proc BF for what feels like a very long time. After how many casts do you wait before casting GS or do you just keep pumping FB until you get a proc?
Just keep tunneling on

Return to “Frost”