Injector really that good for Frost?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Liqz

Injector really that good for Frost?

Unread postby Liqz Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey guys,

i cant believe that the Catalyst Injector is so powerful for Frost Mages. If you near the Shatter Cap the crit value is like nothing. Same with the Mastery, ofc it will push the Damage but not that much. The only big benefit is the Haste Buff, but is that enough to make this trinket BiS for Antorus?
Hakulukiam

Re: Injector really that good for Frost?

Unread postby Hakulukiam Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 am

Agreed, but the bis sims only have about 30% crit. If you manage to get an high roll Arcanocrystal those are better at equal ilvl up to 975 but that's where the Catalyst pulls ahead ;-)
I was hoping that they buff the Vitality Trinket, because that seemed to have a nice synergy with frost, but as it stands it's worthless even if you manage to get the 25% uptime with the maximal proc.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Banned from discord for trying to talk about this same thing (Y)

I'm really curious as to how other people are peforming with this trinket. I was really disappointed to coin the 945 version, because it looked so bad for frost. It wasn't until yesterday when I checked the trinket simcraft charts that I was surprised to see it up so high, and tested the trinket in a full hc clear (over a 930 owl, alongside 955 terror).

Unfortunately I can't link any logs because they're private but safe to say, it was bad. I've done -multiple- runs on both difficulties this week so I know exactly where my performance is at and where it's dropped to. The questions I have are:

1. Does anyone have high percentile logs of the trinket in action to share
2. Am I missing out on something, gearing wise, to make the most of this trinket
iReprise

Unread postby iReprise Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

The other mage im raiding with received it together with the Pantheon trinket (FML). But he had ok logs. What I'm curious about is why this is simming so much higher then Dreadstone.

I received Dreadstone at 930 and while simming that in Tomb it fell behind TFB and the Owl. Yet this one goes up.

Mehh, Simmed it and it was quite the same in damage (Dreadstone vs Injector). Injector isn't a great upgrade, just get it for the iLevel.
Liqz

Unread postby Liqz Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 pm

2. Am I missing out on something, gearing wise, to make the most of this trinket
As Haku said, Simc sims with roughly 31% crit. If you want the most out of the Trinket you dont wanna have crit at the shatter cap. Around 30% is totally fine with it. Thats the only way this trinket makes sense to me.
Vega2985

Unread postby Vega2985 Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Interesting to read this.

I recently received a 930 socketed injector from normal, and it sims so much higher than anything else I have (over 930 socketed owl, 935 alch stone or 945 KJ tome). However, I feel like my overall average dps has actually gone down. I've combed over my logs to try and see what it is, and my only guess is what others mentioned above (having too much crit at almost 32%). Unfortunately with my current gear I can't really drop any crit, but I'm wondering why the sim is showing it so much higher with my current stats?

Link to my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /veg%C3%A4
Easybakeoven

Unread postby Easybakeoven Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:58 am

Here are some of my logs with my 985 socket injector
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... sybakeoven
frogganite

Unread postby frogganite Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 am

Ive been using the vitality trinket with the injector and have been doing decently well with that combo, i dont have the pantheon trinkets yet but here is my warcraft logs page https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... beccastarr
Eggochiggo

Unread postby Eggochiggo Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 am

I got the trinket over a week ago and it's been treating me well, most of parses are over 80% for my ilvl and quite a few 90%+

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PR ... amage-done
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 am

Do we go even lower with crit as the quality and ilvl of injector goes up?
Easybakeoven

Unread postby Easybakeoven Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 pm

I think it is perfectly normal to go below shatter cap, I usually sit at 29-31%. Even simcraft bis patchwork fight for t21 is at 31%
Fonzey

Unread postby Fonzey Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm

I was running Injector(945) and either Vitality Resonator or the Decimator trinket for most of my kills so far. I've got Pantheon now though, and now all of my simmable combo's are either Pantheon+Vitality for single target or Pantheon+Decimator for AoE/Cleave.

I was running around 31% crit with the injector but spent much of the fight over the cap, due to either shocklight crucible traits or injector procs. The Injector looks really lacklustre for Frost due to our dislike of Mastery and our shatter cap limitations - but the raw quantities of all stats make it still a pretty powerful trinket regardless... I would just hand priority to the other casters in my raid if I had the choice of some other options.

Return to “Frost”