Comet Storm (?) in Antorus Raid

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Srig

Comet Storm (?) in Antorus Raid

Unread postby Srig Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 pm

I know it sounds blasphemous to even ask, but I must. is there a single fight that CmS might be better than IV?

I was simming myself for "aoe/cleave" fights to figure out my best gear set up, all along, thinking my talents of Splitting Ice/Arctic Gale and of course Icy Veins would be a constant for Portal Keeper, Eonar and High Command.

BUT - if you select "hectic Add/Cleave" and 5 bosses, Comet storm is a pretty clear winner.

It got me to thinking about IV and what it does - clearly casting fast as heck during IV is awesome...but with Eonar in particular it seems the flight times and then need for bursty AoE might reduce IV's effectiveness.

I don't think the high council adds are consistently tight enough to merit consideration, but if i'm assigned to platform hopping on Portal Keeper, I'm thinking CmS might be more throughput overall due to, again, the down time of not extending Icy Veins.
HelloHotDate

Re: Comet Storm (?) in Antorus Raid

Unread postby HelloHotDate Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am

Arcane though
House

Re: Comet Storm (?) in Antorus Raid

Unread postby House Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 am

Eonar and potentially high command? Buuuuuuuuuuut it would just be padding numbers. You'd be nerfing your single target which frost excels at to be a very mediocre burst AoE DPS which is definitely better left to other classes (or specs of mage)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”