Maxing dps (Frost)

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Andrestes

Re: Maxing dps (Frost)

Unread postby Andrestes Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 am

Downtime
27.07%
Cancelled Casts
6.35%

What does that mean? I don't cancel casts unless I have to (like when the green strips come) and I cast continuously. So how is my downtime nearly third of the fight? O.o
That does seem like a lot of down time. Are you queuing your spells in the 400ms window just before a cast ends? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head.
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 pm

You are not utilizing your shummer correctly if you have that much down time.
Remember...shimmer is just partly an escape ability.In 80% of cases it's actually an dps ability that helps you decrease idle time and casting empty lances.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Distance moved: ≈277 yards
Time spent moving: ≈26.57%
Yep, I have similar numbers on Garothi HC. Longer distance (I use Shimmer), but same percentage.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Are you queuing your spells in the 400ms window just before a cast ends?
Um... :? Can you elaborate? :?:

I use Quartz that shows me the latency in the castbar. So I'm trying to cast my spells as early as possible (sometimes I can start casting even before the Quartz timer ends... so much for accuracy).
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 am

Are you queuing your spells in the 400ms window just before a cast ends?
Um... :? Can you elaborate? :?:

I use Quartz that shows me the latency in the castbar. So I'm trying to cast my spells as early as possible (sometimes I can start casting even before the Quartz timer ends... so much for accuracy).
If you have an addon to track your spell casts, then you're definitely on the right track. If that addon is working a little slow for you, then internet connection or your computer might be holding you back. I know when I switched from a gaming laptop to a PC I built it had a pretty strong effect on my dps.

The queuing thing is that you can start clicking a spell before your global cooldown timer is up, so that it casts instantly when your GCD is done. I was just checking that you weren't waiting for your spells to show ready before trying to cast.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 pm

Ah OK, gotcha. Yes, I start my casts as early as possible.

Return to “Frost”