T20 2 piece question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
danissketch

T20 2 piece question

Unread postby danissketch Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 am

When you have both frozen orb and ebonbolt up , do you guys cast ebonbolt during frozen orb and shatter it, risking fof munch but getting the t20 crit bonus on it or cast ebonbolt before/after frozen orb?

Edit: t20 2 piece bonus being the higher crit damage during frozen orb
Srig

Re: T20 2 piece question

Unread postby Srig Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 pm

if given that scenario, i'd launch the orb and immediately fire off the EB. odds of getting more than 1 FoF before you're done with the EB->FL-> IL chain seems low.
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

If you are far enough from target you can do ebonbolt>FO>flurry>lance and most likely not munch anything.
FO travels rather slow as well.Needs really 40y distance tho.
Drozzy

Unread postby Drozzy Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 pm

If you are far enough from target you can do ebonbolt>FO>flurry>lance and most likely not munch anything.
FO travels rather slow as well.Needs really 40y distance tho.
Try to avoid casting FO at large distances, because it will often reach it's 40 yd max range and disappear, even before it has dealt full damage. (It continues moving slowly after reaching a target, and if that movement takes it to max range from where you cast it, it'll despawn.) Also, your ebonbolt probably isn't shattering because you're waiting a global between ebonbolt and flurry. The way I play it, if ebonbolt comes up during frozen orb, and I ever get myself down to 0 FoF charges, I'll cast Ebonbolt->flurry->IL. This is more to me about not overcapping FoF than it is about not wasting a FoF. Obviously not ideal if the ebonbolt won't land until after the crit damage bonus is gone. In general, it's okay to munch a FoF for ebonbolt if you would have to significantly delay ebonbolt otherwise. With T21, flurry is a very hardhitting ability that we want as many uses of as possible.
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

Didn't have orbs that went through the target except in buggy sutuations like intermission phases on Garothi.
Also...i didn't test it out in game yet (will do it today) but with ebonbolt being so slow i seriously doubt you will fail to shatter it.

Return to “Frost”