Who changes gear sets on bosses - Heroic?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Srig

Who changes gear sets on bosses - Heroic?

Unread postby Srig Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Looking for data points on how folks approach gear swapping in heroic antorus raid.

the factors for me are:

a) when we lust and how that impacts if/when I can use shard
b) aoe v. ST v. priority boss and my role in the raid (portals on PK , e.g.)

I would appreciate any specifics you can share about trinkets you change, use of shard or other leggos.

What I've been doing:

WB/FH/Kin'Garoth/Aggramar (lust on pull/pull/early adds/early adds) - 4+2, Shard/Bracers, Norgannon's/Acrid

Imonar (lust in 3rd platform): 4+0, Helm/Bracers, Norgannon's/Acrid

Eonar/PortalKeeper/AHC (lust mid/execute/mid fight respectively): 4+ 2, Sephuz/Bracers, Decimator/Norgannon's (or Acrid) Norgannon's is now 965 and Acrid is 935.

Argus (lust in p4) - was running Imonar build but realized last night p4 can easily handle 2 TW's - so going with WB/FH build.

Thanks for your input.

Oh - just got the versatility trink (945) with boss health component i can include.
Jezrien

Re: Who changes gear sets on bosses - Heroic?

Unread postby Jezrien Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 am

There is nothing to swap except trinkets, legendaries and talents ofc.
Concerning trinkets:
Norgannon's efficiency depends on how many times you can get secondary procs which depends on how many Pantheon trinkets your raid has.
Injector can be weared everywhere.
Arcanocrystal - same.
Decimator is an awsome trinket for AoE fights and decent for ST.
Resonator is good for ST and better for AoE/adds fights (when you can get its maximum proc as often as possible).

Legendaries:
Always bracers. Exodar could be changed with Sefuz if you can proc it everytime it's off cooldown. Maybe the belt can be useful on Eonar encounter. Exodar is good even you BL at last phase, you still can pop your own 2nd one.

Also you can see what gear people use on different bosses at warcraftlogs.com
Makz

Unread postby Makz Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:00 am

Exodar is good even you BL at last phase, you still can pop your own 2nd one.
The only thing I really hate about Legion - why the fuck didnt they just let us have a personal hero ring instead of depending on the raid?????? On topic - while you can hero for yourself after the execute hero, dont the sims actually match both your heros with IV? Because this way you get only 1 combination and the 2nd hero's efficiency depends entirely on BF procs.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 pm

And what about fights that last 5.40 or longer?Wouldn't holding up a BL to pair it with IV actualy hinder you from using it 3rd time?

Return to “Frost”