my proc rate is crap

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
garthamage

my proc rate is crap

Unread postby garthamage Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 am

Just curious if there is something I can do to increase my flurry procs. I feel my stats are decent enough and my gear is not horrible but i just cant seem to get those procs. If i had to take a guess I'd have to say I'm averaging 2-4 per MINUTE, which is killing my dps, my current sims show that i should be around 1.8 but im lucky if i can pop 1.4.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... garthamage

here's a link to my armory, any advice would be greatly appreciated, because i dont feel 1.4 is a decent enough number considering my gear
Cames

Re: my proc rate is crap

Unread postby Cames Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 am

How many levels of "Clarity of Thought" do you have?
Enimonemo

Unread postby Enimonemo Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:41 am

Kinda off-topic, but the armory says you have 35,5% crit. With ACI you should probably aim for 31-32%.
icetea666

Unread postby icetea666 Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm

If you are sure that you don't forget to cast your eb on cd,then your problem is somewhere else for sure.
Hard to tell without posting your logs AND full sim details (fight length,fight type etc)
Nemo

Unread postby Nemo Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:40 am

I have the same issue ... and its so incredibly frustrating. Mind you i have 2 Clarity relics, and sometimes im cought, chain spaming frostbolts for ages. Not too long ago, i had opener BL/Lust and got only the guarnteed procs for EB and Orb ... 40s of frost bolt spam.
RNG has become huge problem this tier now that we dont have the t19x2 or t20x4 sets to help with the procs, frost has become the Outlaw rogue --> Get procs = Godly DPS / No procs = Struggle to beat the tanks.

Im considering trying Glacial spike for the next week clears, i hope it brings more consistent output.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am

I hate to be that guy, but you know GS is reliant on BF procs as well, right?
GS does horrible damage if it doesn't crit.
danissketch

Unread postby danissketch Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am

I have the same issue ... and its so incredibly frustrating. Mind you i have 2 Clarity relics, and sometimes im cought, chain spaming frostbolts for ages. Not too long ago, i had opener BL/Lust and got only the guarnteed procs for EB and Orb ... 40s of frost bolt spam.
RNG has become huge problem this tier now that we dont have the t19x2 or t20x4 sets to help with the procs, frost has become the Outlaw rogue --> Get procs = Godly DPS / No procs = Struggle to beat the tanks.

Im considering trying Glacial spike for the next week clears, i hope it brings more consistent output.
I'm gonna guess you're exaggerating, but if you're not you have much bigger problems with your rotation if you are struggling to beat tanks solely because of lack of procs.
Nemo

Unread postby Nemo Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

I'm gonna guess you're exaggerating, but if you're not you have much bigger problems with your rotation if you are struggling to beat tanks solely because of lack of procs.
I am exaggerating, what im trying to say is that Frost DPS fluctuates really hard depending on procs. My simcraft shows +/-700k DPS gaps between Min/Max Patchwerk DPS, on a good day it averages around 2mil.

The "on topic problem" is the inconsistancy, the fact that on exact same boss with the "exact" same rotation - you can do 100k DPS and you can do 500k DPS(Example numbers), depending solely on RNG.
Orctasia

Unread postby Orctasia Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 pm

I've felt like I've had more issues with proc rates as well with this tier. Running the 4pc t20 2pc t19 I procced pretty often. This is in regards to Ice Lance/FoF. I have a counter for my Frostbolt cast and since going 4 pc t21/2pc t20 I regularly see myself casting Frostbolt 10-15 times before I get any procs. If I'm proccing to what feels normal, around 5 cast my dps is fine, but if I'm getting some bad rng and proccing at 10-15 cast my dps drops around 500k... My rotation is spot on with procs and etc so it's not a rotation problem.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:11 pm

I've felt
You can check and compare exact number of procs in the logs. Select your character and fight, and in the menu just above the charts you can switch from Summary (default) to Buffs, where you can see how many Brain Freeze and other procs you got during the fight.

E.g. I got 33 BFs in a 6-minute fight (Imonar) and 62 on a 9-min fight (Coven), which averages out to about 1 BF proc per 10s, if I'm doing the math right. my relics suck btw, they are + frozen orb dmg and + blizzard dmg, so I'm not getting any extra FoF/BF from those, unfortunately.

Return to “Frost”