Simple character analysis for a simple man

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
mikelus88

Simple character analysis for a simple man

Unread postby mikelus88 Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello Everyone,
I've been playing with Frost Mage some of time. Reading all the compedias and tutorials doesn't make a diffecence in my DPS. I have as a friend of mine what may be with my Character wrong but unfortunately nobody knows. If anybody would figure out and point out the main problems why the hell my dps is so low I would be very grateful.
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... Megamistrz
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... megamistrz
tSweezay

Re: Simple character analysis for a simple man

Unread postby tSweezay Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Comparing your Varithmas fight to mine last night (your ilvl is 3 higher than mine):
1. You casted blizzard 7 times. You should have casted that spell zero times.
2. Your guild chose to use hero at the end of the fight, which completely negates the purpose of wearing shard ring. My guild heroes in the beginning, then I blow my own hero once Icy Veins is available a second time.
3. Be sure you're crit capped. I think you were 3 % shy on that attempt.

On your aoe fights like eonar and portal keeper you are missing a lot of potential damage by misusing blizzard. Need to keep that blizzard rolling the entire time you have multiple adds up. If you have the blizzard belt I'd bring that bad boi out. Your average cast of blizzard on portal keeper was 1.2m. Mine was 4.13m. Got to better use blizzard!

That should help some :)
mikelus88

Unread postby mikelus88 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks for your time and checking my character. I'll try to reduce the casting of blizzard in single target. As for Crit I swing between 26-33% due gearing up and I am still lacking the 2 of 20 tier set items to get the bonus. I don't know if the blizzard is the only cause of my dps disproportion comparing to other Frost Mages :cry:
Cames

Unread postby Cames Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:24 pm

@mikelus....

on single targets - never....never cast blizzard. In fact, for ST - replace Arctic Gale with Unstable Magic.
mikelus88

Unread postby mikelus88 Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Already Switched to Unstable Magic. Now I'm experimenting with stats. Now I have:
Int:64,796
Sta:96,913
Arm:2,307
Crit:33%
Haste:32%
Mastery:48%
Versa:13%
And I was wondering if the imbalance between Haste and Versa maybe also the cause of loweg DPS?
Cames

Unread postby Cames Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 pm

No - but I am guessing if you sim yourself you will see Vers as your highest growth stat followed by Haste. And you should compare your Pawn String and probably switch to Vers Food (at the edges but easy).

The formula = Pawn per Point (for any given stat) * 375 > Pawn per Point (for Intellect) * 500....if that statement is true...switch foods.
Workingbob

Unread postby Workingbob Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 pm

So as a simple man myself I plugged your verimathras logs into wow analyzer and saw that you where not shattering your frostbolts/ebonbolts much. You used 12 casts of a brain freeze buffed flurry without preceding it with a frost bolt and as such lost out on the free crit from the brain freeze proc. You also ended up eating brain freeze procs because you didn't use them fast enough. When you are casting a frost bolt you want to be shattering you may want to try to press the flurry keybind while the cast for the frost bolt is going off. This will keep you from munching brain freeze procs and will also make sure you are shattering the frost bolt. That is more or less the only thing I can see in wow analyzer. That being said that is a lot of damage being lost over the course of the fight. Outside of that I would say try to optimize your casts more and don't cancel a cast unless you have to. Example would be to finish a cast then use blink to avoid a mechanic or blink mid cast to avoid the mechanic rather than moving and canceling the cast to move, but that's something every caster can always strive to improve on. You also did not use your second lust. Even if its not in an icyveins you should still use the second blood lust/hero if you are using the ring. In the Verimathras kill you had 24.9% crit and as listed above you should alwayse be sitting between 31-33% crit if you are not in that zone you will not crit when you shatter 100% of the time and that is another huge loss in dps. Hopefully with the information about shattering your frost bolts, and other tips you will be doing a good bit more damage :).

For reference:
https://wowanalyzer.com/report/yWJ8FAwv ... Megamistrz

Return to “Frost”