Pantheon Trinket

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Magishin

Pantheon Trinket

Unread postby Magishin Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 am

Probably a stupid question but when does everyone use it when playing frost? Is it only viable when doing Argus?

I currently use injector and sheath as it sims the best but have a 965 Prowess which I use for Fire.

Never really understood how the trinkets work.
nickseng

Re: Pantheon Trinket

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:22 am

Here's how it works.
It provides a static amount of mastery, and procs a huge int buff. This works everywhere.

There is a secondary proc, for the mages, it's called Norgannon's command. This only works in Antorus raids, and will only activate when 3 other pantheon trinkets proc (i.e. 4 unique pantheon trinkets proc).

At a high enough level, even without the ability for the secondary proc to work, it can be better than most of your trinkets. You'd usually have to sim to figure out.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:14 pm

TLDR: Fat INT procs carry Frost. Make sure to sim with X amount of Pantheon trinkets in raid, then your Sheat will not beat it.

The trinket works on all bosses. I currently have 975 version and after simming it constantly, I realized the INT proc is what carries the trinket, not the crappy dmg proc(which wont account for more than 1-4% of your overall dmg).

The INT proc is pretty fat(15k+) and has very high uptime(25% on a bad day), which pushes all your procs as Frost really high. If you have good relics(CoT, IL, Flurries), you will start hiting massive numbers as Concordance also has a very high uptime. Two fat INT procs overlapping really pumps those numbers.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
psofia

Unread postby psofia Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:52 am

I don't want to make a new thread so I will just ask my question here since it's on a similar topic.

Is it worth it using Norgannon's as Frost in a small raiding guild? We usually run 2-3-9 or maximum 2-3-11, sometimes we can be more if we take pugs. I've been using 945 Acrid Catalyst and 945 Vitality Resonator so far.

How can I sim this? Is there an option on raidbots? If I can only see this on Simulationcraft (the programme), could you please tell me exactly what to do since I find it a bit difficult to figure out?
Cobalt314

Unread postby Cobalt314 Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:57 am

I don't want to make a new thread so I will just ask my question here since it's on a similar topic.

Is it worth it using Norgannon's as Frost in a small raiding guild? We usually run 2-3-9 or maximum 2-3-11, sometimes we can be more if we take pugs. I've been using 945 Acrid Catalyst and 945 Vitality Resonator so far.

How can I sim this? Is there an option on raidbots? If I can only see this on Simulationcraft (the programme), could you please tell me exactly what to do since I find it a bit difficult to figure out?
Raidbots has a top gear tool, which compares all the gear in your bags (that you want compared) and gives you the combination that outputs the highest dps, as well as how much other sets deviate from it. To use this, you need to have the Simcraft addon installed. Go into your game, type /simc, and copy all the text that pops up. Then, go to Top Gear in raidbots, paste the text, select all gear you want compared (in your case, just select the trinkets you want to compare, unless you want to compare other stuff too), select raid parameters below (for Pantheon Trinkets, this counts Aman'Thul's Visions, which can be estimated as roughly half of the total number of non-amanthul pantheon trinkets plus the number of amanthuls), and click compare.

Return to “Frost”