Looking for some advice/pointers

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Clutchmage

Looking for some advice/pointers

Unread postby Clutchmage Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Currently feeling that my dps for my item level is a bit low. I have the ring of the exists and the bracers and have the leggo helm. I know my mastery is high so that’s hurting me but can’t really see why My dps isn’t higher

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... clutchmage
Arahai

Re: Looking for some advice/pointers

Unread postby Arahai Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 am

You're haste is incredibly low. Mastery isn't necessarily bad, but too much isn't great either, as you want to prioritize haste and versa over mastery.

Right now, I have 18% haste, and 61% mastery, at ilvl 946, pulling roughly 1.8 mil+ consistently, with the Glacial Spike talent (since I have such high mastery, I felt this was a good way to utilize it)

Just play around with talents. Use raidbots to change talents up and sim your toon to see how best you can maximize your dps with the gear you currently have, and focus on getting gear that prioritizes the stats you need.
Yllasera

Unread postby Yllasera Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:46 am

I have 18% haste
:shock:
OK lol, then this is where I might be wrong... (same situation as the OP). I'm in 960 and do 1.5-1.7m in Antorus normal, and much less in heroic, even on single target fights. I have no idea why... :? but I have 34% haste, as I really hate 1.6sec Frostbolts... maybe that's the problem...? If ~20% haste is enough, what other stats do you focus on? I also find myself wearing a lot of mastery (especially with all those mastery trinkets dropping like bird poo from the Antorian sky), and am having a hard time getting my versatility above 10%.
Electrokidi

Unread postby Electrokidi Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 am

You need arround 20-25 versa
26-30% haste
and 31% crit with acrid
Versa is the most important stat
Lillka

Unread postby Lillka Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Just use raidbots for sim , with TV after Sh. cap you are just swaping between versa and haste and you dont want any mastery. With GS after Sh . cap you are balancing between haste versa and mastery , but I did not play GS for long time. I see you dont have antorus set so try to farm it usually you want old 2 set and new 4 set , but always sim for yourself. Also depends on bossfight what set / gear you want to use. Just play the game and play with sims you will get there.

Return to “Frost”