Can't benefit from Shard due to late BL, how do I sim for this

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Pankeks

Can't benefit from Shard due to late BL, how do I sim for this

Unread postby Pankeks Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 am

I'm not APL savvy so writing my own at this time is likely not an option. :(

On many of our fights, we lust so far at the end that I don't get to pop my Shard's lust, feeling like this lego is fairly useless compared to other legos I could be equipping.

Is there some way to adjust this in a sim without having to write something from scratch? Thanks in advance
Srig

Re: Can't benefit from Shard due to late BL, how do I sim for this

Unread postby Srig Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Not a direct answer to your question, but if you're 100% sure you're not going to benefit from a 2nd lust, I would suggest you use Raidbots and sim your gear options with shard excluded and run with that.
Andrestes

Re: Can't benefit from Shard due to late BL, how do I sim for this

Unread postby Andrestes Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:38 am

you just have to remove time warp from the actions list (this is assuming you're downloading simc and running it locally). after you import your character, if you scroll down, you can find the actions list. there will be a line like

Code: Select all

actions+=/time_warp,if=buff.bloodlust.down&(buff.exhaustion.down|equipped.shard_of_the_exodar)&(cooldown.icy_veins.remains<1|target.time_to_die<50)
if you just remove that, the sim won't give you an extra lust during the sim. if you want to get rid of all the lusts, uncheck bloodlust from the options tab, too. if you want the lust to come towards the end of the fight, then uncheck bloodlust and edit that line above to something like

Code: Select all

actions+=/time_warp,if=buff.bloodlust.down&(buff.exhaustion.down|equipped.shard_of_the_exodar)&(cooldown.icy_veins.remains<1&target.time_to_die<120)
I think that should pop time warp if icy veins is off cooldown and the target has less that 120 seconds until it dies. check your buffs in the summary to make sure it's working.

Return to “Frost”