High haste build...j/c 480 gems?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
ooch

High haste build...j/c 480 gems?

Unread postby ooch Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

I have managed to get 19k + haste for the extra L/B N/T ticks. However AMR has put 480 j/c haste gems in.
Am I losing too much int. to go ahead with this build?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... och/simple
Mumrit

Re: High haste build...j/c 480 gems?

Unread postby Mumrit Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 pm

AMR uses set stat weights unless you put in your own, which is why it sometimes spits out things that you might not expect.
I recommend taking a look at Akraen's Frost Guide.

Set the break point that you want in the Stat Weights on AMR, then set Mastery to your second highest stat after that break point. 2 mastery is better than 1 INT, though the gains are marginal.
ooch

Unread postby ooch Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Hmm I put in the manual soft haste cap. Crit is set at 25%. Mastery soft cap has nothing in it. I not sure about setting order priority? Have I got to put numbers manually in the boxes on the left too?
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Have I got to put numbers manually in the boxes on the left too?
Yep. Think about it more as a ranking than a value. The following is an example of how the logic works, not actual values to use.

5 int
3.2 haste until cap of 1000
3.1 mastery
3.0 haste after cap of 1000
2.9 crit

AMR will then do it's best to get you to 1k haste before telling you to dump all other reforges/gems/enchants/etc towards mastery. If it is unable to increase your mastery more, then it will begin to prioritize haste again. Finally, crit, and then int (Since 1 secondary = 2 primary on gems)

Hit is a great example of this. The value for hit is set extremely high by default until you get to the hit cap, at which point it's value on AMR becomes 0, which is why AMR doesn't tell you to dump anything else into hit.
ooch

Unread postby ooch Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks for that looks like I can put in the numbers from the advanced frost guide.

Return to “Frost”