October 17 hotfix, what is your thought ?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
gameorg

Re: October 17 hotfix, what is your thought ?

Unread postby gameorg Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 am

With the latest numbers i see still no reason to go back to frost. Fire is far superior in dual target fights aswell as short fights. Single target they are pretty much the same.

@Dutchmagoz, i have seen some warcraftlogs from you today, what is your personal experience? Do you think frost is at the top again of our specs?
Dizzeeyooo

Unread postby Dizzeeyooo Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:35 am

With the latest numbers i see still no reason to go back to frost. Fire is far superior in dual target fights aswell as short fights. Single target they are pretty much the same.
considering that mythic soo bosses are dying in under a minute, does it really matter which spec does slightly more/less damage then the others? in under a month our stats are going to be nerfed to hell, so personally I am just enjoying being able to switch between two redesigned specs that I am enjoying equally, in gear with stats that are far higher then anything that the wod specs were designed to be played with (no multistrike and last gear tier of wod aside)

anyone who limits themselves to playing only one spec in this month where the current raid is practically a loot pinata, purely for the sake of being worried about the dps they are doing, instead of testing every talent from all 3 specs would seem to me to be missing out :(
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 am

considering that mythic soo bosses are dying in under a minute, does it really matter which spec does slightly more/less damage then the others? in under a month our stats are going to be nerfed to hell, so personally I am just enjoying being able to switch between two redesigned specs that I am enjoying equally, in gear with stats that are far higher then anything that the wod specs were designed to be played with (no multistrike and last gear tier of wod aside)

anyone who limits themselves to playing only one spec in this month where the current raid is practically a loot pinata, purely for the sake of being worried about the dps they are doing, instead of testing every talent from all 3 specs would seem to me to be missing out :(
I do agree on the second part - However, there is nothing wrong in trying to find the most efficient spec ;)
Laere

Unread postby Laere Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:18 am

I switched from fire to frost today. Mainly because we'd kill cleave fights so fast I could barely get my combustion off and spread it. Frost feels a lot better, and the burst is a lot more fun for me. I also feel like I do better consistent dps as well.

Return to “Frost”