33% Shatter Cap/Stat Priority

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
hypothermia77

33% Shatter Cap/Stat Priority

Unread postby hypothermia77 Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi,

Just a question in regards to the 33% Shatter cap, I've been simming my character quite a lot recently which is providing me with results which contradicts the majority of information I've read in guides and comments on this website. My top gear from sims leaves me at 27.25% critical strike unbuffed which after testing on the dummy against equipped gear of 33% critical strike unbuffed did result in a slight DPS increase. Am I understanding the shatter/critical strike cap incorrectly? As far as I know the 33% critical strike should be top priority for frost mages although according to sims and dummy testing it results in a dps loss. I've included links to raidbots, armory and also my recent log on N ABT if can help in anyway. Many thanks in advance! :D

Raidbots: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... gpLnX8LUMg
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Dpothermia
Recent Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PkJcVy891gMDvX7N

p.s If there's anything you can tell me on what I may be doing wrong in fights, rotation etc would be much appreciated!
stigendresen

Re: 33% Shatter Cap/Stat Priority

Unread postby stigendresen Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi.

You can safely replace some gems with haste until 30% crit. precast frostbolt to activate chain reaction and cast ebonbolt after orb, icy veins and blizzard to get frozen target bonus for the bolt aswell. Remember that GS, Frozen Orb and Blizzard tick based on haste bonus. Keep your chain reaction up .

You can also add t20, 2 pcs bonus in your test.

Feel free to contact me in private if more questions. :)
Stig Endresen
sre2514 / Matnalen
DiabolisCZ

Unread postby DiabolisCZ Mon May 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi.

You can safely replace some gems with haste until 30% crit. precast frostbolt to activate chain reaction and cast ebonbolt after orb, icy veins and blizzard to get frozen target bonus for the bolt aswell. Remember that GS, Frozen Orb and Blizzard tick based on haste bonus. Keep your chain reaction up .

You can also add t20, 2 pcs bonus in your test.

Feel free to contact me in private if more questions. :)
Sorry but I have to intervene as there are so many wrong information in this post. Not the stats or mechanics parts, this is fine. However, DO NOT CAST BLIZZARD ON SINGLE TARGET! Also the forzen target debuf from blizzard is not applied to bosses and does NOT count towards shatter combo!

Also the opener is wrong. Correct opener is:
pre-pot -> pre-cast ebonbolt -> icy veins + flurry -> ice lance -> frozen orb -> frost bolt -> standard rotation of consuming procs (brain freeze has priority over finger of frost)

Good luck
stigendresen

Unread postby stigendresen Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 am

Thank you for pointing out the obvious mistakes in the opener.

Pre-casting ebonbolt is correct if set combo t21, 4 pcs + t19 + 2pcs. Else pre-cast Frostbolt. Read at the double ice lance, thermal void and mythic+ for frost guides that you find on this site carefully.

Cast BLIZZARD EVEN IF ONLY 1 TARGET for the Frozen Orb CD reduction.
Adjust the SpellQueueWindow from 400ms to 250ms.
SimulationCraft pre-cast Frostbolt in all simulations and cannot be changed without a recompile from edited source.

Regards
Stig Endresen
sre2514 / Matnalen
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 am

Thank you for pointing out the obvious mistakes in the opener.

Pre-casting ebonbolt is correct if set combo t21, 4 pcs + t19 + 2pcs. Else pre-cast Frostbolt. Read at the double ice lance, thermal void and mythic+ for frost guides that you find on this site carefully.

Cast BLIZZARD EVEN IF ONLY 1 TARGET for the Frozen Orb CD reduction.
Adjust the SpellQueueWindow from 400ms to 250ms.
SimulationCraft pre-cast Frostbolt in all simulations and cannot be changed without a recompile from edited source.

Regards
Dude, there is much misinformation in there. You never pre-cast Frostbolt, no matter what gear you wear. SimC is doing it because of a limitation with it's precast logic, and not because it is correct.

You also don't cast blizzard on ST. The gcd wasted on it is not worth the reduction.
Julia

Unread postby Julia Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 am

Agreeing with Nick here,

You should read the guides you mentioned yourself. Also the spellqueuewindow should be ping in ms + 150 and not lower than 200. Saying 250 is the ideal spq is wrong

Return to “Frost”