Inscription vs alchemy for frost

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Rigwaltz

Inscription vs alchemy for frost

Unread postby Rigwaltz Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

Switching professions from eng. to either inscription or alchemy. Has anyone ran a sim of trinkets to see which is better? Alchemy (+mastery with int proc) vs inscription (+ int with crit proc). Also, are staffs / off hands from inscription are they going to strong? I would do the sims myself but I'm stuck at work for 12 hrs. Any advice is welcome.
Komma
Administrator

Re: Inscription vs alchemy for frost

Unread postby Komma Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 am

Switching professions from eng. to either inscription or alchemy. Has anyone ran a sim of trinkets to see which is better? Alchemy (+mastery with int proc) vs inscription (+ int with crit proc). Also, are staffs / off hands from inscription are they going to strong? I would do the sims myself but I'm stuck at work for 12 hrs. Any advice is welcome.
Aren't darkmoon trinkets usable regardless of your profession? It doesn't make any sense in the context of comparing professions.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Rigwaltz

Unread postby Rigwaltz Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:25 am

Darkmoon yes. But if you pick inscription and use your garrison building then you will have the tinker faster. If darkmoon trinket isn't really worth it compare to alchemy or 5 man gear why pick inscription. Also, you can compare the weapons from inscription which only scribes can really upgrade. The trinkets were something they have in common and easy compare between the two profession. Also, having the inscription profession would make the trinket cheaper and easier to obtain.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 am

Like other crafted gear, inscription trinket will end-up 665 for that profession user only.
With this change in mind, I have tested it: it's good but not ultimate. It have an on-use that give crit. It will be good in highmaul for Fire but mythic trinket will end-up better. The only exception I know for the level rule are Copeland's Clarity trinket that cannot exist in the end.

For Alchemist, the problem is different as http://wod.wowhead.com/item=109262" target="_blank is only a 420 blue trinket. Even with a Intellect effect, the level difference is too big for being useful past normal Highmaul.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Magiclol

Unread postby Magiclol Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Inscription will be better since carrying the profession and building will get you the 665 trinket.

It will be BiS until you get two Heroic Highmaul trinks, but considering your odds of winning the roll on it + it even dropping, its the best way to grab a nice trinket pre-heroic mode.
Source

Unread postby Source Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:37 am

As far as I'm aware, the items that the professions create to upgrade crafted gear is not Bind on Pickup.

It will be quicker and far cheaper to have Inscription as a tradeskill if you intend to create and subsequently upgrade your weapon - but it is not required.

Mystical Crystal
Glorious Crystal
Magiclol

Unread postby Magiclol Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:47 pm

As far as I'm aware, the items that the professions create to upgrade crafted gear is not Bind on Pickup.
Good catch. These upgrade items will sell on the AH for a good bit of gold considering they take 15 savage bloods + other mats to make one.

Return to “Frost”