[BFA] Battle for Azeroth Frost changes overview

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Julia

Re: [BFA] Battle for Azeroth Frost changes overview

Unread postby Julia Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:51 am

I would first like to say that I don't know how to thanks the effort you guys are doing for the mage community! You are a legend!

I have a question that it's possible that someone asked before but... It would be necessary to wear 4 pieces T-21 and 2 T-20 in pre patch? I always have the feeling that frost mage are stucked and we are not scaling the same way other classes and specs. Maybe with this new build I will start feeling better with the spec. It's just my feeling...^^". Thanks in advance!
Really this post is about BfA and prepatch isn't really in mind but I don't mind sharing what I'll be doing in prepatch.

Currently, simming all my options with large help from Norrinir's suggestions, I've found out that running TV is optimal due to tier and legendaries. I'm also out valueing tier 20 2 set by miles when using CMS helm and shard. This means my setup will be:
TV /w cms and ebonbolt on st, swapping to SI on aoe or any minor/major kind of cleave.
And my legendaries will be shard and helmet. I do recommend you simming all this on your own character as it might vary from character to character. You can do that by pulling the latest BFA branch GUI or waiting for Raidbots to turn into their BFA setup on next Tuesday morning.
Mqz

Unread postby Mqz Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:59 am

Hi!

I was wondering how comet storm will work with shatter in Bfa. I know pet nova has the ability to make CS shatter on trash packs for dungeons, however how will that work with boss damage in Bfa. Will we just essentially cast CS on cooldown, or will flurry be able to make CS shatter. Obviously assuming you aren't at 4 shards and saving for GS.

Hope this makes sense!
Julia

Unread postby Julia Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:05 am

Hi!

I was wondering how comet storm will work with shatter in Bfa. I know pet nova has the ability to make CS shatter on trash packs for dungeons, however how will that work with boss damage in Bfa. Will we just essentially cast CS on cooldown, or will flurry be able to make CS shatter. Obviously assuming you aren't at 4 shards and saving for GS.

Hope this makes sense!
you're only shattering CMS with pet freeze, this freeze only works on targets which arent immune to cc and bosses are. You could use this to shatter on bosses like Zekvoz and Zul.
The rest of the cases you just use it on cooldown. Flurry and CMS both have a GCD so they get into each other's ways unless at unreasonable haste levels, so shattering with that won't even be do-able at a level that creates enough value to make it viable.
Rumpeltilzky

Unread postby Rumpeltilzky Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:55 am

I would first like to say that I don't know how to thanks the effort you guys are doing for the mage community! You are a legend!

I have a question that it's possible that someone asked before but... It would be necessary to wear 4 pieces T-21 and 2 T-20 in pre patch? I always have the feeling that frost mage are stucked and we are not scaling the same way other classes and specs. Maybe with this new build I will start feeling better with the spec. It's just my feeling...^^". Thanks in advance!
Really this post is about BfA and prepatch isn't really in mind but I don't mind sharing what I'll be doing in prepatch.

Currently, simming all my options with large help from Norrinir's suggestions, I've found out that running TV is optimal due to tier and legendaries. I'm also out valueing tier 20 2 set by miles when using CMS helm and shard. This means my setup will be:
TV /w cms and ebonbolt on st, swapping to SI on aoe or any minor/major kind of cleave.
And my legendaries will be shard and helmet. I do recommend you simming all this on your own character as it might vary from character to character. You can do that by pulling the latest BFA branch GUI or waiting for Raidbots to turn into their BFA setup on next Tuesday morning.
"Really this post is about BfA and prepatch isn't really in mind but I don't mind sharing what I'll be doing in prepatch.". My apologizes, I asked cause i read this in the "New rotation" section --> "We'll likely be running Glacial Spike as our main build for the pre-patch and Uldir."

Thank you for your answer! Long time ago I read about 2 T-20 pieces should be used until you reach 980 iLvl and ... I never saw an item over 970 iLvl sadly :(
I will sim myself using the head and the shard. Again ty Julia! :D
Julia

Unread postby Julia Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 pm

"Really this post is about BfA and prepatch isn't really in mind but I don't mind sharing what I'll be doing in prepatch.". My apologizes, I asked cause i read this in the "New rotation" section --> "We'll likely be running Glacial Spike as our main build for the pre-patch and Uldir."

Thank you for your answer! Long time ago I read about 2 T-20 pieces should be used until you reach 980 iLvl and ... I never saw an item over 970 iLvl sadly :(
I will sim myself using the head and the shard. Again ty Julia! :D
you're right, it should be fixed now.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 pm

The other thread just got an update today (July 16), and they're putting conflicting data regarding ST talents.
It still shows TV/LW as the go to talents for pure single target.

Am I missing something between the two threads?
Julia

Unread postby Julia Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:10 am

The other thread just got an update today (July 16), and they're putting conflicting data regarding ST talents.
It still shows TV/LW as the go to talents for pure single target.

Am I missing something between the two threads?
That thread is for prepatch, it keeps in mind you have legendaries, set bonusses and high stats. This thread is made for BfA itself, giving you a rough idea for Uldir.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 am

Thank you.
I figured it must've been something simple like that I had been missing.

Appreciate it
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Hai in the roughly stat priorities is there like a haste cap we gotta reach ? Or will it always be haste / mastery= versa gear?
Julia

Unread postby Julia Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:36 am

Hai in the roughly stat priorities is there like a haste cap we gotta reach ? Or will it always be haste / mastery= versa gear?
I should say this post is out dated, you should take a look at the frost mage guide and sim dump post instead. They'll soon be updated for bfa as they reflect prepath now.

As for your question,
There's no haste cap and what stat you wanna go for depends on your other equipped stats. Sim with topgear on raidbots and you'll be fine.

Return to “Frost”