BFA opener theorycrafting

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
frogganite

BFA opener theorycrafting

Unread postby frogganite Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 pm

So i was having a friend try it out for me since I don't have beta access, but i thought of an opener for single target fights. It sounds a little out there but bear with me. You are talented into Bone chilling, RoP, EbonBolt, Comet Storm, RoF. how it works would be to pre cast "Blizzard" :?, then TW>IV>ROP>EB>Flurry>IL>RoF>Comet Storm>IL>IL>then FB/IL till rune runs out, cast a RoP again and go into Orb and normal rotation. The reasoning behind it is that with void elf racial, and how the new RoF works, you can fit the entire first rune part into all of the void elf racial to try and optimize the most out of it. The blizzard is to start getting bone chilling stacking while you do your prep for burst and the flurry will get you to 11 stacks with the first hit of Ray getting you capped at 12, then you should have enough time to get comet storm in the end of it with the time to keep the bone chilling up. I would love to get your guys' opinions on this and try it out since im not in a position to do so myself :( I would love any and all feed back. :D
Julia

Re: BFA opener theorycrafting

Unread postby Julia Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 am

Tw is off the gcd so you should cast that later than suggested.
Blizzard will likely be a damage decrease as it's always been on single target even with bc stacking.
Rune of Power is a fairly underwhelming talent for frost since its less about burst and more about sustain. IF will give a higher average spell damage increase and will be better.
You generally do not want to hold cooldowns like you're holding FO, cast FO instantly and just refresh rune when you dont have capped stacks of FoF.

I honestly doubt that this is going to be a thing.
Do sim it out though, I'm curious to see actual simmed results.

Return to “Frost”