Secondary stats, shatter cap

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Innarish

Secondary stats, shatter cap

Unread postby Innarish Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:55 pm

So I'm approaching 300 iLvL and I'm looking at 13% crit, are others finding there crit % low? Obviously still a lot of gearing to do.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: Secondary stats, shatter cap

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 am

You are not expected to reach the shatter cap any time soon, so this low crit is completely fine!
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:08 pm

So I went over to AMR and tried to stick in some Heroic Uldir gear (prioritizing crit where possible) and the highest amount of crit I could reach is around 24%. So yeah we're not reaching shatter cap until maybe the next raid after Uldir.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:15 pm

So I went over to AMR and tried to stick in some Heroic Uldir gear (prioritizing crit where possible) and the highest amount of crit I could reach is around 24%. So yeah we're not reaching shatter cap until maybe the next raid after Uldir.
well yea that is at heroic what about mythic gear?
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 am

Over half of my gear is 340-350 ilvl... and my crit rate is 16% as Frost.
Schied

Unread postby Schied Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm sitting at an average ilvl of 331 with crit on each piece of gear except for weapon/pants/trinkets. I have 21.06% crit right now. I could see that climbing to 26%-27% with the addition of weapons/pants/trinket from uldir and heroic uldir upgrades. But definitely not 33%, that's probably going to be next tier. Its kind of stupid that blizzard didn't design the class around this fact, considering we lost chest/shoulder/helm sources for crit.
Last edited by Schied on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:12 pm

well yea that is at heroic what about mythic gear?
With mythic gear it goes up maybe another 2~3% at most. Still under crit cap.
Its kind of stupid that blizzard didn't design the class around this fact, considering we lost chest/shoulder/helm sources for crit.
Well don't forget that your Heart of Azeroth is basically a Unstable Arcano Crystal 3.0 which gets better as you gain rep (up to revered) with Champions of Azeroth and AP grind.

At Revered with Champions (+45 ilv) and 20 Azerite levels (+40 ilv), the artifact is at ilv 365 and gives +227 to crit/haste/mastery. That's 3.16% crit/haste/mastery.

But like others have stated, we'll probably need to wait for the raid after Uldir to see beyond shatter cap.
roldy

Unread postby roldy Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:39 pm

I'm sitting at an average ilvl of 331 with crit on each piece of gear except for weapon/pants/trinkets. I have 21.06% crit right now. I could see that climbing to 26%-27% with the addition of weapons/pants/trinket from uldir and heroic uldir upgrades. But definitely not 33%, that's probably going to be next tier. Its kind of stupid that blizzard didn't design the class around this fact, considering we lost chest/shoulder/helm sources for crit.
Crit is not really a fun stat as frost for me. Getting more crit in fire is great. Getting more haste for all specs feels great. Having your glacial spike not crit although you set it up perfectly and completely ruin your dps is really punishing and unfun. And once you hit endgame you have to struggle for items with low crit to not go over your cap. Tbh getting crit as frost feels more like hit cap 2.0 than anything else.
If Blizz would find a way to balance it out a bit more would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Frost”