Legion Tier Gear Set Bonuses?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Brightbrown

Legion Tier Gear Set Bonuses?

Unread postby Brightbrown Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 am

Simcraft (via raidbots) is telling me to keep using my 240/230 T21 2 pc Legion gear over a 310/281 BfA set because it sims better. The set of BfA gear has 88 more INT overall, so I am curious if everyone thinks that tier bonus s worth more than the additional INT. I questioned raidbots, the reply makes me think he is saying simcraft is correct... but it does seem like a rather huge difference in ilv (about 5 overall from the Legion to BfA gear).

Does this makes any sense to everyone?
roldy

Re: Legion Tier Gear Set Bonuses?

Unread postby roldy Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 am

Simcraft (via raidbots) is telling me to keep using my 240/230 T21 2 pc Legion gear over a 310/281 BfA set because it sims better. The set of BfA gear has 88 more INT overall, so I am curious if everyone thinks that tier bonus s worth more than the additional INT. I questioned raidbots, the reply makes me think he is saying simcraft is correct... but it does seem like a rather huge difference in ilv (about 5 overall from the Legion to BfA gear).

Does this makes any sense to everyone?
Could be possible though there have still been a few errors, when it comes to mage simc modules. Not sure whether all of them have been fixec yet. Though if we assume the sims are correct the dps difference is probably low (which it probably is can't imagine this set bonus to compete for a long time with that much int we get) so I'd just wear the BFA items. The only content you're realistically going to do the next few ilvls is going to be wqs anyway and who care's what sims tell you exactly, when it comes to doing wqs. The stamina you get through BFA gear is probably worth more than some dmg% through the old set, when it comes to open world content. Once you get into 300+ and dungeons there's no chance the old set will still be good.
Julia

Unread postby Julia Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 pm

2 set bonus is pretty huge and still works at max level. This is no bug. 2 set T20 on aoe or 2 set t21 all round are pretty huge and if youre minmaxing, defentally something to look into. Back on beta mages used to run t20 2set for high m+ keys. Again, unlike the reply before me suggested, this is not a bug and something that can be abused in dungeon content.
Brightbrown

Unread postby Brightbrown Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:15 am

Indeed, the dps difference really is pretty minor and I am most likely way overthinking this. BUT I do try to gear myself as good as possible even though I can not perform near as well as the best mages in the game (far from it!). I do need to be hitting the threshold for heroics... I think most of my buddies are there already. Thanks for very reasoned replies, I appreciate it!

Return to “Frost”