Rising Death Sim Question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Kaizauber

Rising Death Sim Question

Unread postby Kaizauber Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 am

So I understand that Rising Death is optimal, but my question is does the simulation assume you are using it at optimal range the entire time?

I've done some testing, and the dmg of it is basically doubled from melee range to max range. Since it's only for me about a 200 dps gain over intellect pot, I'm wondering if the room for error on Rising Death actually makes int pot more appealing. Positioning and ABC is already hard enough without having to focus on staying at 40m for 50 seconds over the course of the fight to optimize my 200 dps gain.
nickseng

Re: Rising Death Sim Question

Unread postby nickseng Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:08 am

Yes, sim is at optimal range.
The dps increase is not very big over the int pot, so you can just use that unless you really wanna min-max.
Gokex

Unread postby Gokex Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 pm

So on about 1/2 the fights in Uldir there's almost no way I can stay at max range all the time.. I also can't be bothered to manage 2 different pots. Int all the way!
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 am

So on about 1/2 the fights in Uldir there's almost no way I can stay at max range all the time.. I also can't be bothered to manage 2 different pots. Int all the way!
Well, if you wanted to really optimize even further, you could pre-pot with Rising Death, and use the int pot for the 2nd one since you can almost always be at range on pull.

Return to “Frost”