Mythrax fight question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Enimonemo

Mythrax fight question

Unread postby Enimonemo Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:22 pm

I have a question about the Mythrax fight. The situation is the following: when people get mind controlled via the orb, does Glacial Spike Splitting Ice combo root these people thus making them unfreeable for the duration of the root? What is the best way to help people out of the mind control orb? According to warcraftlogs, 2/3 of the people use Splitting Ice, while 1/3 go for Comets. What are your experiences?
Bellafron

Re: Mythrax fight question

Unread postby Bellafron Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

GS can root those that are MC'd....

I feel like it comes down to two things: 1. are you melee heavy? 2. Are you watching for MCs?

My advice is to watch were MCs are occurring and maybe sit on GS for an extra few seconds. Hopefully, this isn't causing you to munch any extra procs. CSM does have viability, however, SI is the optimal talent for this encounter due to the add phase.
Lynix

Re: Mythrax fight question

Unread postby Lynix Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 am

It's possible to avoid cleaving with SI due to how it works mechanically.

In order for your icelance / glacial spike to cleave with SI, you need both targets to be within range of the cleave, but also for both of them to be in line of sight of you.

To avoid cleaving, simply turn your character away from the target you don't want to cleave.
You basically want it to say "Target must be in front of you" if you're trying to cast anything on the target you want to avoid and you're good.

Basic gif of what I mean here

Return to “Frost”