Ice Floes not working in Temple of Sethraliss

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Bellwhip

Ice Floes not working in Temple of Sethraliss

Unread postby Bellwhip Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm

With Volcanic being the modifier this week, I switched to Ice Floes. Did a FH9 and it worked fine. Then I did a ToS8 and it didn't work.

If I cast it before I started casting a spell it would work. But if I cast it in the middle of a GS cast and then moved, the GS would be interrupted. Same with Frostbolt.

I know, logically, there must have been something wrong with me. But I don't know what. I have no mods or macros related to Ice Flows. I do have a WA that tells me when it's effective and when I get a charge. The WA clearly showed that I Ice Floes up but I would move and GS would be interrupted. Maybe my UI was bugged? I use ElvUI like everybody else. And spell interruption is handled server side.

The ToS8 was an M+ of course, so I didn't have time to take a deep analysis of what was going on. My DPS was already crap because I was so out of sorts trying to figure out why my spells weren't going off. 2/3rds through the dungeon I just gave up on Ice Floes altogether.

I am currently in Boralus hitting the target dummy and Ice Floes is working great.
Last edited by Bellwhip on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laodi

Re: Ice Floes not working in Temple of Sethraliss

Unread postby Laodi Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 am

You should check if u have the buff after u got interrupted. I would guess that you start running to early, If u activate IF while casting it still needs time to get the command to the server and get recognized whilst moving (and spell interupting) acts nearly instantly so if u both activate and start running u will be interruptet and still have the buff. U have to wait a very short but still noticable time before u can start running.
If you get interrupted and the buff is missing then there is a bug.
I play IF since its been here and never had a problem with that, but i think im just more used to it.
Bellwhip

Re: Ice Floes not working in Temple of Sethraliss

Unread postby Bellwhip Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:26 pm

You're right. After casting IF you have to wait for the server to acknowledge it before you can actually move. So now I cast it, wait half a second, then move. Which makes an already challenging situation even harder. I'm already casting GS and getting ready to follow it up with a rapid BF'd Flurry or, even more difficult, casting a Freeze just before the GS finishes. Now I need to cast IF, WAIT, then move to get to out of the Volcano and not screw up GS / Flurry / Freeze? It's a lot to handle.

Return to “Frost”