Glacial spike shatter

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Jlaffradi

Glacial spike shatter

Unread postby Jlaffradi Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm

I’m having issues shattering my glacial spikes and proceeding ice lance. I am spamming the Flurry proc as GS is nearing the end of the cast and it’s not shattering. It looks like I’m having micro delays in getting the Flurry cast off which in turn delays my ice lance that also doesn’t shatter.

Here is an example log where you can see I’m performing the correct sequence but inconsistently shattering.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FR ... fight=last

I’ve tried playing with the Spellqueuewindow but i haven’t seen much difference. I’m not super close to the boss either and this is a consistent issue across multiple bosses.
Aeinox

Re: Glacial spike shatter

Unread postby Aeinox Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Might be servdelay..
keep in mind that if you're not sitting at 33.3333% crit u wont be guaranteed a crit from flurry, so there's always gonna be a slight chance of you not critting still
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:31 am

Notice the fight was stormwall. Are you too close to the boss?
GS has a minimum range (~8 yds) where it wont shatter.
ynotredrum

Unread postby ynotredrum Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 am

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue

-Here are my logs against a target dummy for 5 minutes with a 46% crit rate. I waited until I have a BF proc to shatter every glacial spike, so with a 20% base crit it should be closer to 80% crit rate on frozen targets
-Spellqueuewindow is set to 400ms
-I have tried both spamming the flurry and also single queueing it at various points in the 400ms queue window (which I have marked using quartz). I've found that single queuing it at the beginning of the window works better, but gets me to a ~50-60% crit rate (could also be RNG)
-Video settings are on lowest

It's a HUGE dps loss given the importance of glacial spike to 3xFF builds. No idea what's going wrong

Return to “Frost”