Icy Propulsion and Macro Icy Veins

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
docdrops

Icy Propulsion and Macro Icy Veins

Unread postby docdrops Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 am

Hello all.

I am a Troll Frost Mage, and for a lot of openers I use a macro which casts my Icy Veins, Berserking, and Mirror Image all at once. I usually do this at beginning of dungeon boss fights at this point, and if there is time left I cast it again.

Icy Veins and Berserking are both in sync with their cooldowns being 3 minutes; while Mirror Image is at 2 minutes. Mirror image usually is not incorporated in any priority or rotation list I have seen online, so I just wait for the other two spells to be off cooldown so I can hit my Macro again and do some good frost burst.

Most Frost Mage experts say that icy propulsion is the #1 conduit as a Frost Mage right now. Basically this passive conduit reduces the cooldown of icy veins by a percentage ( percentage depends on ilvl of conduit) when you get a critical strike while icy veins is active. Essentially this leads me to my question, at what point am I going to start casting icy veins and berserking seperately from one another? Maybe at eventually a really high ilvl, icy veins can get its cooldown reduced by 20 seconds?

Icy veins is pretty high on the priority list, and with it not being in sync with berserking you want to make sure you are popping it as often as possible. If you don't do that, doesn't that essentially render the conduit Icy Propulsion as useless? On the flipside of the coin, what are the cons of not having your berserking and Icy veins no longer be aligned and macrod at the same time ? Is there a con for casting berserking by itself as opposed to simultaneously with Icy Veins?
nathyiel

Re: Icy Propulsion and Macro Icy Veins

Unread postby nathyiel Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:27 pm

With Icy Propulsion conduit, you're IV and Berserking will be desync, except for fight priority on boss.

On the macro, it's really good as it will cast both if they are ready or just the one that is ready.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?

Return to “Frost”