[SimC] Looking Beyond Pre-Raid Gear

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Frosted

[SimC] Looking Beyond Pre-Raid Gear

Unread postby Frosted Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:36 pm

I figured I would throw up a thread for us to use for continuing development of SimC, and for testing things that we do not have concrete answers for yet.

Take note, DPS numbers here will differ than on the front page of simulationcraft.org. We're not yet in BRF, so I'm disabling Tier bonuses for all sims I'm running until then. Please indicate if you have tier on / off if you plan on presenting information.

Also, please include the full HTML report in any results posted

One question people have had is if it's worth it to use infinite IV at higher gear levels, in conjunction with MI and TV.

Clearly not. Infinite IV is not a DPS gain over glyphed, normal IV usage under single target scenarios.

Full Report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LWZy ... sp=sharing" target="_blank
(I'll rehost that when I get home from work)
nathyiel

Re: [SimC] Looking Beyond Pre-Raid Gear

Unread postby nathyiel Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:23 pm

From all test I did for Beta, TV (with and without infinite IV) was god as soon as there is more than 3 targets.
The gap is only increasing with the number of mob. It's logical as Icy veins buff all spell when PC/CmS are only "split damage".

After that, the viability of Infinite IV depend on the ratio between FB damage and IL damage (not FoF-IL). If the balance is in IL favour, then Infinite IV is a gain. If FB is buff, then it's a loss.

It's also to not that this talent is clearly designed around movement because IL can be cast on the move.

------

The difficulty is to choose when to cast Ice Lance instead FB to extend duration. And to what duration. Should IL be cast only on low IF? Is there a haste soft cap?

The actual APL use an optimization that only work with 2pT17 to balance part of the loss from casting IL by the buff to FB just after FO.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?

Return to “Frost”