Optimal LB snapshotting

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Baege

Optimal LB snapshotting

Unread postby Baege Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 am

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone had a more concrete outline for snapshotting optimization.

Obviously it is optimal to snapshot LB with significant haste/trinket procs, but my question is kind of in regards to where the line is, especially in regards to PBoI procs.

I often find myself at a point in the fight where I have a BF and FoF proc with PBoI rolling and LB at some point of its duration.

My frequent course of action is to drain the BF/FoF procs instantly, and then snapshot LB at 9-10 stacks of PBoI. Would this be the correct way to go about things, or would it be better to drain the BF proc at around ~6 stacks, hardcast a frostbolt and tack the FoF buffed IL onto the end to launch at 8-10 stacks instead?

When I produce a 'good' LB snapshot, is it a DPS increase to let the bomb tick off instead of reapplying it with lesser/no procs, or is the wasted tick in the global worth more than the buffed tick?

Also, final question nonrelated to snapshotting;

when I consume a BF proc and get the 2 piece buff, can I cast a frostbolt and then tack the FoF buffed IL on at the end, launching them in the same global to apply the 20% bonus to both spells, or will it only apply to one?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
durrtygoodz

Re: Optimal LB snapshotting

Unread postby durrtygoodz Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:07 am

You talk about PBoI stacks, I guess you mean BBoY?

To answer the 2pc question, no, it will only benefit the frostbolt.
Mageski

Re: Optimal LB snapshotting

Unread postby Mageski Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

With a strong snapshot you generally want to let it tick, but just barely. You aren't losing a full tick, just a partial tick, if you recast your new DoT just after it expires.

Return to “Frost”