moderator highlight

Berlinia

moderator highlight

Unread postby Berlinia Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:06 pm

In my opinion when a mod edits or highlights or locks something in a post or thread there should be a last edited by note. Seems fairer and clearer to me
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: moderator highlight

Unread postby Chev Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:26 pm

An automated option would be nice, but I know from experience, when I edit / move something, I leave a note stating what I did / why and I see a lot of the other mods doing the same thing.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:50 am

I know, but it seems fair and transparent. Nothing too important ofc :P
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 pm

To build on this suggestion, while it would be clear to all users reading a post that a post had been edited / moved by a mod because of a comment left on the post, it may not be clear to the the original poster.

E.g. I have moved a few posts which were questions asking for help in a comment left on one of the guide posts, to it's own post in the QA section. The person asking the question then may check the frost guide again at a later stage looking for a response only to find their post has been removed and they don't know where unless they happen to find their post in the section their post has been moved to.

To this effect, would it be possible to have the site auto PM posters to let them know their post has been moved / merged / deleted so they are able to find any answers to their posts quicker and / or not be tempted to create a new post in the wrong section thinking something had gone wrong with the first post.
Calo
Global Moderator

Unread postby Calo Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:57 pm

I operate from the shadows

*poof*
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:31 pm

I personally edit peoples posts on Icy Veins changing their questions to sound more stupid :p
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:21 pm

We can automate your wildest dreams, but we need to be careful with any measures that are too obstructing. PMs for moved posts can be incredibly intrusive, especially if you get e-mailed.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”