failing opener burst

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Zrellim

failing opener burst

Unread postby Zrellim Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:17 am

I just wondered if any others have had horrible RNG or if it's just me?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ctz9kdW6JLfjMRZP" target="_blank

these are my logs from last night (a lot of "small" wipes on logs due to reset of boss)

but as you can see, a lot of the times I've never gotten the HU + Pyro! in my opener before my trinkets / procs fall off...

I just wondered if others have experienced this aswell or?
Wilderness

Re: failing opener burst

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Well, there is RNG to fire, and even though PC is the best single-target option it also adds to your RNG since you have a smaller window that you need things to go your way.

That said, it looks like you aren't making use of double proccing your trinkets to start the fight and the other mage in your group usually is. If you pre-cast Pyro starting at 4 seconds left on your pull timer, it will cast and be in the air (proccing your trinkets) just before the pull. Then once pulled they will proc again after their initial duration runs out. Adding another 8-10 seconds of trinket uptime at the start helps.

Also, you don't seem to be using IB to force a HS proc during your initial opener. You should start by casting FB's until you get a HU proc, use IB, then cast 1 more FB and place PC. If that last FB crit then you'll have HS/HU and you cast 1 FB then start your Pyro chain on the PC. If it didn't crit then you cast FB a couple of times until you get that HU proc and then start your Pyro chain. You seem to be hoping that with everything procced at the start of the fight you'll get 2 crits in a row on your own and not use IB, but that isn't going to work all the time. Are you worried about not having double IB up for when you use Combustion? Even using it to proc a HS at the start, you'll have both charges up when you want to use them later in your PC if you follow the cast sequences above.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Zrellim

Unread postby Zrellim Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 pm

i usually try, to double dip trinkets, the annoying part is when they reset the boss always....

will do the IB -> to Pyro!
bistromath

Unread postby bistromath Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks, that's really helpful, I always would complete my current FB cast when HU procs leading me to either possibly having IB down for combust, or praying to RNGesus that spamming FB will get me a HU/Pyro before my pre-pot runs out.

Return to “General Discussion”