Re: State of the Specs (June 20, pre-6.2)

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Chiv

Re: WeakAura for Prophecy of Fear trinket

Unread postby Chiv Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for the update looks good , if only you could just mouse over to the name and somehow i dunno write a program or something when you click on the name it targets your mark of doom target! that would be super sick , something like when your trinket proccs and you see the name and when you click on it /target X happens at same time and bam you targeted the right mob for mark :D
Only issue with this and many things is there are a lot of mobs with the same name. Like if we were to use the method you proposed on Shadow Lord Iskar, say it mark of doom procs during the add phase on an illusionary outcasts. During that 1st and 2nd transition, there are like effin 5 of them or something lol. Things like you said would be possible if mobs had a unique id or something so you can target the EXACT illusionary outcast that it proc'd on but blizzard hasn't implemented yet OR its combat protected.

shrugs
thach1ef

Unread postby thach1ef Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:03 am

Getting some errors with the WA that Shinobar posted. It works great, but I'm getting the following error upon targeting an enemy and then again sometimes after leaving combat :

Message: Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1277: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Time: 08/19/15 15:03:23
Count: 8
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Auctionator\AtrErrorInspector.lua:107: in function <Interface\AddOns\Auctionator\AtrErrorInspector.lua:52>
[C]: ?
[C]: ?
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1277: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1276>
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1358: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1341>
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1388: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1384>
Flixy

Unread postby Flixy Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 am

My buddy Krazyito makes a lot of really cool WeakAuras. He graciously set up one for Prophecy of Fear which:
  • Appears when you apply Mark of Doom to an enemy.
  • Shows a ten second duration timer, as well as the enemy's name in text.
  • Disappears when the debuff expires or the enemy dies.
The aura can be found from his pastebin, here: http://pastebin.com/8LEfkviW" target="_blank
This is simple and awesome. Thanks!
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:47 am

I've tried a couple of these but have had issues with sound so it may have slipped by me, but is there one that makes a sound, preferably similar to the fire 4pc from last tier but for PoF?
Rettep

Unread postby Rettep Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:34 am

You can easily setup it on your own in wa settings in game in tab "Actions". Check "Play sound" button and then choose a sound you want.
Rettep <Ecology> Kazzak
HM 7/7M, BRF 10/10M, HFC 13/13M

Armory
Guild Armory
Guild Website
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:16 pm

You can easily setup it on your own in wa settings in game in tab "Actions". Check "Play sound" button and then choose a sound you want.
Thanks, I played around a bit to make it work using the WA from the 1st page that had the screenshot but for some reason it started playing the same sound effects for every proc, Warsong, Ring. PoF it was really bizarre but I was able to figure it out in the end.

TLDR: Thanks!
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:08 pm

The code Shinobars posted worked just fine for me..I like it..Thanks

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”