Arcane Mage video guide [6.2.3]

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kams

Arcane Mage video guide [6.2.3]

Unread postby Kams Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:10 am

I want to try and make some video guides when Legion comes out so to get some practice I've started making some for live and some Legion spec preview videos as well. I am looking for feedback on if anyone would find something like this useful. Most YouTube spec guides are like 1 - 2 hours long and have a lot of filler information and reading tooltips and I wanted to try something different. Let me know what you think and thank you for your time!

Here is a link to the Legion spec preview video playlist if you are interested in that as well!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TuTcyBUw9-
macbeet

Re: Arcane Mage video guide [6.2.3]

Unread postby macbeet Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Great work, I liked that a lot.
timmywitt

Unread postby timmywitt Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Nice. I'd say Ring of Frost at Level 45 talent for controllable ads, or Frostjaw for an extra interrupt. Both can be extremely useful on certain bosses (RoF has saved our raid on a couple Socrethar runs).
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Short and sweet guide that covers the things new or inexperienced arcane mages need to know, very good work. I enjoyed watching it.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:09 am

Great video, looking forward to your finalized Legion ones (I saw you had the alpha versions already). It's always nice to have clear and informative video guides to refer people to that need help.
Buttercastle

Unread postby Buttercastle Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Awesome video man. I finally have a good video guide to show newer players that don't like reading :P

By the way, what is the addon called at the top of your screen that tracks the spells you've cast?
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:20 am

Fantastic guide! Just really don't like the comment about 2100 haste which we have time and time debunked! But still haste/mastery/multi are all pretty much similar in weight at heroic gear and above :)

Besides the information, that was a really nice clean video. Cheers man!
Kams

Unread postby Kams Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 am

Fantastic guide! Just really don't like the comment about 2100 haste which we have time and time debunked! But still haste/mastery/multi are all pretty much similar in weight at heroic gear and above :)!
The haste cap is the thing in the video that I have gotten the most feedback about. When I made the video I looked around to make sure I was putting in the correct numbers and I guess I didn't look deep enough! I've heard both people saying that haste doesn't matter as much as I said and have had people give me crap about my mastery enchants on my Mage. So even now I'm not really sure where it stands haha.

I need to add an annotation or something because you can't edit stuff that's already uploaded with out just deleting the video and uploading another one. This is the kind of thing that I am worried about in Legion for these. Written guides are a lot easier to edit and update.

Thank you all for the nice words! I hope I can get the right info in Legion!
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:34 am

I'm not really sure where it stands haha.
Be sure that it stands where simcrafts tells that it stands based on a certain character setup, a certain duration and a certain encounter type. This game has a few very smart theorycrafters. All of them appear to consult and edit simcraft for a final word on what is the actual reality, and any napkin math or intuitive thinking before a simulation will usually be ignored if a correctly setup simcraft says otherwise.
Kams

Unread postby Kams Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am

By the way, what is the addon called at the top of your screen that tracks the spells you've cast?
It's called TrufiGCD
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:17 pm

There are times Ice Barrier is useful. For instance mechanics that can one shot barely, but the spell gives that extra kick to usually survive them.

Return to “Arcane”