Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Saphiremilk

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Saphiremilk Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:57 am

Im Saphiremilk. I burn things.
i like to fart in the tub.....
Immortalis

Unread postby Immortalis Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Was just introduced to this site today, wanted to take the time to thank everyone that has been contributing. I don't know how much I'll have to offer, but I enjoy theory crafting with fire, so I may post from time to time. (I'll be lurking in the arcane section too, see some exciting changes coming with 7.2.5). Currently raiding with KnightsoftheRound on the Runetotem server, always happy to shoot the breeze or help another mage out in game if needed.

Stay Classy my friends!
Immortalis (aka Morty, Morty the Mad)
Kaledine

Unread postby Kaledine Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Hello,

I'm Kaledine (Kaledyne because some lvl 1 Hunter took my name) currently on Kirin Tor. My main has been my mage since 2005. I won't bore you with the details of my time in WoW because who has time to listen to 12 years worth of ramblings (and who wants to type out 12 years of ramblings? Not this guy.)

Been reading AT for a while now. Figured I'd at least say hello. Now it's back to lurk mode.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Having lurked a while and posted a few times, let me introduce myself.

I am Devlonir and play Perlin, Mage from Moonglade (EU). Started WoW in Vanilla as a filthy casual who raided a bit at the end of the expac and started seriously raiding with the guild I am still with now in TBC. Raided all of that content as well as most of Wrath (raid burnout got me there). Played casual for a while and then took a break to play a lot of SW:TOR when that came out and eventually found my way back to WoW in Legion. Refound my old love in Maging and picked up raiding again very quickly.

As an oldschooler, Fire has always felt like the true raiding spec to me. And I cannot resist making things go boom. But I love the fact that all specs are viable now and am swapping around them quite a bit to keep things fresh. Happy to be back in the game in what I consider the best era of WoW so far.

Really loving the information and community here in AT and looking forward to a lot more information and nice discussions from this place!
Artemisrose

Unread postby Artemisrose Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:37 am

Hi, I'm Artemisrose. Female Blood elf, and frost mage. I generally play the TV rotation of frost. You can find me on Deathwing-US in the guild Sanctuary.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 am

Welcome guys, happy to have you here. :)
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Xannidel

Unread postby Xannidel Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:15 am

Hello all, name's Xannidel and I have been playing off and on since late Vanilla WoW. My first toon was a Gnome Mage but I have been playing other classes throughout the expansions and now I am back to playing one of my first Horde toons. I am focusing on Arcane this expansion and even though it may not be the FotE (flavor of the expansion), it is still a fun spec to play.
Gannongast

Unread postby Gannongast Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 am

Bal'a dash, malanore. Just wanted to say a quick hello and show off my sick avatar & signature I've spent the past few hours with.
My name is Gannongast and I play fire mage on Bloodfeather-EU. I am equally interested in both PvP and PvE, but currently more focused to PvE. I've been exploring Azeroth on/off ever since Vanilla. Started off as a Priest and later started playing Shaman and Hunter. I didn't find my love for mages until MoP and have been sticking to it ever since. Now to answer some of the questions by OP.

Why do you play a mage?
- I've always been really interested to any magic related stuff. No matter the game, I always tend to lean towards the magic users, especially fire magic. I also love big numbers and the mechanics of the fire mage.

What brought you to these forums?
- Actually my guild leader who is playing a mage as well told me about this site. Guess he didn't want me to ask him about everything related to our class, hah.

What are you looking to find here?
- I'm here to become a part of the awesome mage community as well as find tons of useful information regarding my class.

That's all for now. See you all around!
Gannongast | Blood Elf Fire Mage | Bloodfeather-EU | Horde
Asirand

Unread postby Asirand Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello, I am Asirand-Mal'Ganis, a Purple/Orange parsing arcane mage. I have been a lurker for over 2 years on this forum, but never posted anything before recently. The main reasons for that are because I only relatively recently starting raiding, when HFC was released. I didn't really feel like I had the authority to post anything useful or helpful for anyone so I pretty much avoided reaching out or writing anything. I have played arcane since, and have experienced the false hopes for arcane mages this expansion, and have been successful in competing with mythic content. I know there are other arcane mages out there who are having struggles with min/maxing arcane, and its' semi-complicated ways of big D numbers, so I will be trying help keep forums up to date and provide what info I can. feel free to add my character as a friend, I don't mind.
Jellyßean

Unread postby Jellyßean Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:31 am

Hello! I am Jellyßean. I am a pink haired gnome and live on Muradin. I am new to playing a Mage. I am used to playing Rogues and needed a good change. So with that being said, I will be asking a ton of questions in the future.
Archien

Unread postby Archien Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am

Hi all! I'm Damiën, a guy from The Netherlands who has come back to playing his beloved mage after the reveal of new the Xpac (BfA). As a long time player since vanilla my mage has seen quite some race changes and different nerfs/buffs haha. Hopefully when Antorus launches I can find a spot in a raiding group for it.

Next to WoW I work as a Front-end Developer, I paint miniatures as a hobby and for competitions and I love to read. If you guys have any questions don't shy away from asking!
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello again, folks!
I'm Mumrit, the Magetastic Mayor of Manaland. I used to be a mod here back when the site had a little under one hundred users. Back then we were all speculating on what WoD's numbers would look like. I'm back into the game now, catching up on all of the fantastic work everyone here has done and relearning old habits.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 am

Welcome folks -- and welcome back Mumrit! :)
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 am

Damn, long time no see Mumrit. Welcome back
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Thank you!
Sico

Unread postby Sico Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am

Hi, I'm relative new to mage, but now with the comfort of Portals i don't look back to my other Chars :)

I decided they way of Fire, the spec is fun and burning down things have some magic ;)
My Legis are crap but on the other Side, it can only be better.

I'm a big fan of theory crafting and really thankful for a side like this.

Mana biscuits for free!
Abbatoir

Unread postby Abbatoir Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey, im from Costa Rica, got back to play recently, im looking to improve my mage skills, currently (and as always inloved of) fire mage, love the burst and the playstyle, but im open to opinions and comments on whats better to be on top of dps table.
iamsocrazy25

Unread postby iamsocrazy25 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:49 am

Hi, there! I'm a casual player looking to improve my mage play. I play a Draenei mage (Flemeth) on Elune in the guild <Lords of Aggro>. I keep coming back to WoW because other games just don't have that comfort level for me.

Just started playing mage with my level boost, so everything was really overwhelming. I was using another site until I saw that people suggested AT instead of anything else for mages. I've already improved my DPS and understand things so much more since browsing. So thanks, community!
Siltar

Unread postby Siltar Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi, I am Siltar! Been playing a mage since mod WotLK, took a break during Mop. I missed the entire WoD expac when it was current content. I came back just as ToS was winding down. I have played all specs. My favorite is Arcane but currently playing Frost. When I payed before the sites I would use for my 'go to' mage info was elitist jerks, but when I came back it was dead. I heard this site mentioned a lot by Final Boss, and would come to look at it occasionally, but never registered. I decided to register because with Bfa shortly coming out, I would to maximize my potential.

With the exception of WoD and early Legion raids, I have always raided since I started playing. I would always clear the current raid content in Heroics. But I found I can just be better. I don't really have any other mage friends who I can go to for advice help in my guild, so this will be a welcome addition for me.
Bruhzilnut

Unread postby Bruhzilnut Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey everyone! I play a frost mage named Bruhzilnut on Zul'Jin, first time coming to this page as now I have been recruited into a casual beginner raid guild. Looking forward to learning more about the class! I have been playing since 2006 but only recently started to raid as a Mage. I was part of a heroic raiding guild in WOTLK, CATA, and MoP But as a healer. I am very new to mage, but very excited!

Return to “General Discussion”