Mythic raiding fire mage improvement

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Canonic

Mythic raiding fire mage improvement

Unread postby Canonic Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Hello,

I do fine and progress with the guild, but I would l like to improve my dps output. Any advice or suggestions that any high level mythic raiders could provide me would be great.

Character: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... am/canonic (ignore the gems, i now have the new +200 haste gems, but i guess they don't update on the armory yet)

Last raid logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/M9t18R4VY6wNXL2p

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Canonic
Canonic

Re: Mythic raiding fire mage improvement

Unread postby Canonic Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Any high parsing mythic fire mages willing to critique me?
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Just checking in one more time to see if any pro fire mages have any solid feedback for me. Thank you.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Be specific about the question you're asking. Give a reason why anyone should spend an hour pouring over your logs other than that you can't find your mistakes yourself. Explain why anyone should care about whether or not you're performing well - why would this be interesting to anyone except yourself?

Not being specific about the problem explains why many threads in this subforum never get answered.
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 pm

If I had a specific question, I would have asked it. In truth my guild is asking members to parse higher. I raised them quite a bit this week ( orange parse on Goroth and Sisters... well, now that one is purple after a few hours) and feel like I do well depending on procs, but I just wanted to know if any great mages had suggestions. I'm okay that no one responded though, just using all resources available to me to try to improve.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm

If I had a specific question, I would have asked it. In truth my guild is asking members to parse higher. I raised them quite a bit this week ( orange parse on Goroth and Sisters... well, now that one is purple after a few hours) and feel like I do well depending on procs, but I just wanted to know if any great mages had suggestions. I'm okay that no one responded though, just using all resources available to me to try to improve.
Just so you understand how warcraft logs works. How you parse on a fight changes as more people beat your parse or do better than you on a particular boss. That's why your parse changed from an orange one to purple when you look at it again. In your overall warcraft log record it still gets recorded that what you got at that time of the kill was an orange parse. It just is going to change on the actual individual boss log as more people beat your parse.
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:54 pm

I understand that, I had no question about that.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm

If you're able to parse orange you should be able to check for yourself if you mess up any cooldown timings, are running suboptimal talents or stat weights for a particular boss or if you just got bad RNG with procs and mechanics. Asking someone else to do the minmaxing for you beyond that is like trying to get someone to find your needle in your haystack.

On a side note: you should probably tell your guild that making people focus on logs is the safest way to stop progressing. People will die to sharks on mistress, as you can see in your logs. It took our DPS the longest time to understand that Mistress is not at all about overall DPS, but about coordination and timing.
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Yep, I was just asking. I didn't get a response, so I was/am willing to let the thread die, but you keep responding off topic. Thanks for your help though.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”