Ignite nerfed?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
blackd89

Ignite nerfed?

Unread postby blackd89 Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Hello Altered community,

Since last patch I noticed significant drop on my ignite ticks.

I could easily pull 2m+ with bl and trinkets, now I cant go further then 1.7m. (with the same talents and gear)

Anyone else experienced the same?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Dario
Syana

Re: Ignite nerfed?

Unread postby Syana Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 am

Hadn't actually noticed this myself, but decided to look through my logs from last week and compare them to this weeks. And on average my Ignites biggest tick was 20-25% lower than the previous week. I did however also see some bosses in there with almost the same numbers as the previous week.

I also noticed that I didn't have a single ignite tick from this weeks log that was even close to 2m, while going back and looking at previous weeks they seemed rather common. But still I can't really say that I feel like I do any less damage, and I didn't see any other spell being significantly higher than previously either.

Perhaps they simply changed something with how the ignite ticks are handled. Lets say previously the ticks would update irregularly for some reason, such as one tick would do 1.4m and the next would do 2.1, now instead they would both do 1.7m. And while I originally based this on nothing at all, I did find somethings that could support it when looking around in my logs.

As you might be able to tell the increase in tick damage after a bracers pyroblast hits seems to be significantly less now than it was before. Once again I am basing this on essentially nothing and very briefly looking around some old logs so I could be completely wrong :/
Araitik

Unread postby Araitik Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Yup, same thing happening to me.
Tested with a random mob, did a 630k Fireball with 20.7% Mastery, Ignite did only 85k instead of 130k like it should have.

Quick math :

My Fireball did 630935, with 20.7% Mastery => 130603 Ignite damage
Actual Ignite damage : 84906 (ticked in full, 9 ticks as seen in the screenshot)

Ignite apparently deals approximately 65% of the intended damage.

EDIT: Apparently this bug only affects open world content due to scaling.
roldy

Unread postby roldy Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 am

*snip*
I also had the feeling, that my ignite was ticking for less then before with the same mastery as before . If it were the case that they changed something about how ignite functions without touching its overall damage, the average ignite ticks should be the same as prepatch, which is not the case for me since my average ignite ticks went down by about 20-25%. I am not sure if my dps is actually worse than prepatch, but I have the feeling it is.
Yup, same thing happening to me.
Tested with a random mob, did a 630k Fireball with 20.7% Mastery, Ignite did only 85k instead of 130k like it should have.

Quick math :

My Fireball did 630935, with 20.7% Mastery => 130603 Ignite damage
Actual Ignite damage : 84906 (ticked in full, 9 ticks as seen in the screenshot)

Ignite apparently deals approximately 65% of the intended damage.

EDIT: Apparently this bug only affects open world content due to scaling.
Did you account for everburning consumption? If not the difference would be even higher. Tried it in the class hall on the dummies and the ignite damage was off as well. Not sure what's going on here. Fire mage also dropped off in overall statistics in antorus on heroic on mythic - I know they're not really representative, but the clues that something is off add up.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 am

The more logs I look at, the more convinced I am that something is off with Ignite. Going through all my heroic kills on Varimathras I noticed that ignite was never more than 7% behind pyroblast in the overall damage before this patch, and usually around 4-5%. On this weeks kill, after the patch, ignite was 12% behind Pyroblast in the overall damage. Although I did get some pretty good crit streaks going, which might account for it.
Rhov

Unread postby Rhov Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am

Would be really interesting to get an official response about this.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm

I remember a while back there was a bug concerning ignite and hot streak causing the hard casted pyroblast to also get the ignite bonus damage from hot streak. Maybe this was fixed in 7.3.5?

This was what I found about it on wow forum: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759371982
Syana

Unread postby Syana Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I remember a while back there was a bug concerning ignite and hot streak causing the hard casted pyroblast to also get the ignite bonus damage from hot streak. Maybe this was fixed in 7.3.5?

This was what I found about it on wow forum: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759371982
Yeah, they definitely fixed it. Saw some people talking about it on the discord and found the same thing when testing it.
gatomon_ca

Unread postby gatomon_ca Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:50 pm

How is everyone's over dps doing cause of this "fix"?

I havne't noticed too much difference since my mastery is pretty low anyways.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:10 pm

The main thing I noticed is that my mastery dropped a bit in value for ST, and since I usually don't aoe on High Command I noticed a drop off there as well. I feel like on any individual pull we can overcome the "ignite nerf" due to our inherent randomness, and probably won't notice much.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 pm

The main thing I noticed is that my mastery dropped a bit in value for ST, and since I usually don't aoe on High Command I noticed a drop off there as well. I feel like on any individual pull we can overcome the "ignite nerf" due to our inherent randomness, and probably won't notice much.
Might be true, and while the fix does suck, it becomes INCREDIBLY noticeable on fights such as Coven, where your ignite spread used to be a huge boost in damage. After the fix, it's a substantial fall off from where it was a pre-patch. We can always pray that wowdevs will notice how one of the few "dps only" classes are forced to play one of three specs to remain competitive in the raiding scene. :evil:
Makz

Unread postby Makz Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:59 am

Might be true, and while the fix does suck, it becomes INCREDIBLY noticeable on fights such as Coven, where your ignite spread used to be a huge boost in damage. After the fix, it's a substantial fall off from where it was a pre-patch. We can always pray that wowdevs will notice how one of the few "dps only" classes are forced to play one of three specs to remain competitive in the raiding scene. :evil:
Ever since the first Xavius whining started, Blizzard has totally blacklisted mages. I dont mind playing all 3 specs if I have to(tho there are no free bag slots left), but at least make them top 3 on each boss if that is the case. Meanwhile other pure DPS classes need only 1 spec to destroy you. Combined with Exodar ring being the best in theory, as you would never fully utilize it due to boss executions, Fire bracers proc and damage nerfs, Arcane being in some totally weird spot... BFA Alpha is on the door anyway, hopefully they have a better approach for us then.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 am

Did any blue respond yet to the issues? Or is it being silenced?
roldy

Unread postby roldy Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:36 pm

I tweeted them about a week ago, since it's basically the only way you're ever going to get a response but nothing yet sadly.
dwarfeckiy

Unread postby dwarfeckiy Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:47 pm

What issues? Bug has been fixed, no issues with fire mage being even worse now.
gatomon_ca

Unread postby gatomon_ca Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:19 pm

I have also tweeted the Wowdevs a few days ago :/ I honestly doubt they will do anything since it's the end of the expansion..... They all probably moving forward to bfa -___-
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm

What issues? Bug has been fixed, no issues with fire mage being even worse now.
Well of course, it was a bug fix and may be better for the health of the spec long term but..

It was a very clear across the board nerf when this bug was fixed, intentionally or no. It would be nice if some response came from the class balance side concerning this. It has honestly been depressing looking at my logs and results these last 2 weeks and seeing how much lower my damage has become despite improving in gear and execution.
z0nkey

Unread postby z0nkey Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Glad Blizz made our already mediocre spec even worse now.
blackd89

Unread postby blackd89 Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Dear All,

Thank you for your replies.
I guess I was right then. This is very demotivating to play now. Last two raids I was pretty much at the bottom of the meters.

I do really hope devs will do something about it, either reverse the change or buff fire because right now, we are useless.
roldy

Unread postby roldy Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:44 am

Dear All,

Thank you for your replies.
I guess I was right then. This is very demotivating to play now. Last two raids I was pretty much at the bottom of the meters.

I do really hope devs will do something about it, either reverse the change or buff fire because right now, we are useless.
Same, gradually switching back to frost at the moment. Sad times.

Return to “Fire”