How does everyone feel about 8.0 Arcane?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Neuroburner

Re: How does everyone feel about 8.0 Arcane?

Unread postby Neuroburner Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:52 am

Very interesting takes. I think this mix of talents is also good for M+, as it has strong AoE, but does not neglect singletarget (like I feel you would by taking Arcane Orb)
Time Anomoly is more than a fine replacement and charged up is not nearly what it was because of one thing: Arcane does not have to shed stacks nearly as much with Time Anomoly and the extra Arcane Power procs are incredibly useful, remember that it adds on to the AP buff if it procs while your cooldowned AP is active.
Is TA really that good? I would think Overpowered is better and more reliable. How do you find it?
In a simulation situation I can imagine TA very good, because no matter when it procs, it's useful. But in M+ it could come at a bad time, such as when a pack is dieng.
TA is not better then OP, it's just add some randomness to the spec that lack of it. It is increadibly enjoyful to get 3 AP in a row with mana to afford it, but you can get Evoc on full mana then 4 AB stacks while pressing AC and AP just before Evocating. It's not as random as old combustion but obviously less reliable then simple OP. I use it because it feels refreshing while whole spec rotation is like concrete block
Clutchykins

Unread postby Clutchykins Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 pm

>remember that it adds on to the AP buff if it procs while your cooldowned AP is active.

I was wrong here, after playtesting it will only cap to 10s (likely a parameter of how the spell is coded, and OP/Legion's artifact weapon add(ed) onto the max), but the likelihood of this happening is probably low and not a major concern with Anomaly. I don't know, I still do not like Rune of Power with AP on global, it feels miserable and clunky, worse than ever, and I'm not sure the potential for 20% more damage on 4 spells that are more than likely not going to critical strike is truly the path for this class right now.
while whole spec rotation is like concrete block
Isn't that the truth :lol:
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:43 pm

it sucks. sure the damage is good, but all you're doing is arcane blast and arcane barrage. literally 0 reason to ever cast arcane missiles since it does negative dps. AM needs to go back to what it has always been. a proc only cast that scales with arcane charges and does more damage than arcane blast at 4 charges. otherwise the rotation is literally two buttons. sad this is what blizzard has devolved arcane into. it's fun to pull big numbers on trash in Mythic dungeons, but that's about it
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 pm

I've been running it in dungeons and so far it doesn't feel that bad (and the damage is insane). The rotation isn't exactly rocket science but as far as I'm concerned, up to a certain point (and I'll admit that Arcane is at the edge there) what matters to me is dealing with encounter mechanics and optimizing my cooldowns around them, rather than going through my basic rotation. The fact that dungeons alternate lots of AoE and single target phases likely helps though; I'm quite sure that I'll get bored of it once we hit raids and progression.
Clutchykins

Unread postby Clutchykins Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:01 pm

but all you're doing is arcane blast and arcane barrage. literally 0 reason to ever cast arcane missiles
Aside from this being wrong, ok. If we're talking a computer-perfect sim, fine, but in-game is not perfect and we have to make decisions based on mechanics and movement. There are many applications where using arcane missile with 0 stacks of charges is perfectly fine (including clearcasting of course), where as the old system forced 4 charges and was annoying/restrictive on damage and when you could use Arcane Missile (thus making the spec 'dumber' in it's Legion form). Arcane's difficulty comes with decisionmaking on when to burn mana or use procs around mechanics and whatever other constraint, such as Time Anomaly RNG. It plays mostly the same. I feel if they took the clearcasting PvP talent but made it baseline to allow AM clearcasting 2 stacks, that would be ideal. Curious to what they will do with Arcane for the balance patch in 8.1.

Return to “Arcane”