Spec viability in Uldir and Mythics

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Ganlren

Spec viability in Uldir and Mythics

Unread postby Ganlren Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Arcane has always been the spec that I have loved from raiding to pvp. Last week Arcane got hit in the face with the nerf hammer so I only have PvE to make it worth it. I was wondering what the feeling is on using Arcane in Uldir and mythics? I find myself behind a lot of classes due to mechanics in Uldir. I have not lost to other types of mages; I am simply saying I am not feeling competitive. I was wondering if the community feels Arcane or Frost would be better for mythics/Uldir? I am terribly uncertain on whether or not I should play Frost or Arcane?

Thank you!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... de/Ganlren

**(my current spec is for soloing and fun I run Overpowered and Charged up normally)**
TLTeo

Re: Spec viability in Uldir and Mythics

Unread postby TLTeo Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Fire is arguably the worst spec in pve at the moment, Frost and Arcane are equally good so you can play whatever you prefer out of those two.
Ganlren

Unread postby Ganlren Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Thank you. I just wanted to hear from the mage community :)
redvirus

Unread postby redvirus Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Arcane it is viable at this time for m+ or frost is better?
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:22 am

Toranaxx

Unread postby Toranaxx Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Fire is arguably the worst spec in pve at the moment, Frost and Arcane are equally good so you can play whatever you prefer out of those two.
Bullshit. Fire is the best performing mage spec in Uldir mythic atm. If we exclude Zul, where frost mages completely destroy everything, on almost every other encounter, fire performs better. Arcane is lacking in mythic due to the long fights.
If you aren't used to Fire, you should go for frost.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:41 am

Bullshit. Fire is the best performing mage spec in Uldir mythic atm. If we exclude Zul, where frost mages completely destroy everything, on almost every other encounter, fire performs better. Arcane is lacking in mythic due to the long fights.
Dude, you're replying to a post that's almost 2 months old. At that time, fire hasn't gotten both it's buff, and BM play wasn't discovered yet.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Dude, you're replying to a post that's almost 2 months old. At that time, fire hasn't gotten both it's buff, and BM play wasn't discovered yet.
This. I do not have the power to look into the future and foresee Blizzard balancing specs. At the time of that post the only spec that came close to Fire's mediocrity was Demo.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”