How do I know if I've shattered ice lance?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
docdrops

How do I know if I've shattered ice lance?

Unread postby docdrops Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 am

I recently started doing mythic +, and my dps has been lacking a little bit as a mage. My friend was kind enough to run a WoW log for me, to see what the issues were.

Thankfully I am doing my rotation and talents right, but my execution on my rotation could be a bit better.

This whole time, I thought I was correctly shattering my ice lance after my brainfreeze.

Frostbolt > Gain Brainfreeze > Frostbolt/GS/Ebonbolt > Flurry > Ice lance

However after analyzing my WoWlog, I noticed that I am missing my Ice lance shatter benefit 20% of the time.

Link
https://www.wowanalyzer.com/report/Aq91 ... Magucation

I have already taken care of the other items, but is there a weak aura or something to help me know that my ice lance is hitting the shatter? It's kind of hard to keep track of the big crit numbers when flurry and frostbolt are critting to see if my ice lance is benefiting from the shatter effect?
ScrobllotsZ

Re: How do I know if I've shattered ice lance?

Unread postby ScrobllotsZ Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 am

Looking at your rotation from the fight linked you didn't cast ice lance immediately after a flurry 3 times.
I could be missing something, but if that's all it is just make sure you flurry > ice lance 100% of the time and you should be fine. Not sure a weak auras will help with that with it needing an insta cast.
Bevis

Unread postby Bevis Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm

I made this weakaura, which does what you're asking:
https://wago.io/Skb5UEIKm

Full disclosure it's pretty much just copied from this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=3917
Gokex

Unread postby Gokex Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Mashing the Ice Lance key does not work well for this... if you have something like Quartz for your castbar with the GCD indicator, keep an eye on it and don't start mashing IL until after the GCD for BF is just about up.

Return to “Frost”