DPS Help, need more eyes to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Vaseryl

DPS Help, need more eyes to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Unread postby Vaseryl Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 am

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A/Help

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... 52/vaseryl

Here are the logs I've gathered of myself over the past few weeks. I've improved with what I can learn on my own, but I seem to be missing something vital to get the numbers up and need outside eyes to see it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Enimonemo

Re: DPS Help, need more eyes to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Unread postby Enimonemo Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:29 pm

First and foremost, you seem to be missing out on a LOT of Charged Up Cds (80%+). Also, remember that after using Charged up, you should aim to use an Arcane Blast for the Rule of Thress proc.
Then, you should aim to use Evocation every time its up. On both of your HC kills, you have at least 1 missed Evocation.
You should always use Arcane Power after you used your Rune of Power, and I would also create a Macro for Arcane Power + Trinket, they both have 1.5 min CD, so you can use them every time together, which you should.
Vaseryl

Unread postby Vaseryl Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:03 pm

I have them macro'd, I do use RoP before using Arcane Power. Charged up I have a hard time remembering it's even there out side the start of a fight so I'm honestly thinking about taking a 1.8% dps loss and switch the talent to Resonance.

Now comes the true culprit of what it might be, Some times I don't get through my full mana bar on the first burn phase or second because of a boss mechanic or even a phase change. If this happens should I use evocate even though I may be at 50% or slightly less in mana so it doesn't delay AP? I want to say yes, but haven't been doing it because I feel evocate would be wasted. Though I think I'll make more effort to time evo around AP than the other way around. I use AP when I have 30 sec left on Evo to try and keep it from being delayed to much.
Enimonemo

Unread postby Enimonemo Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 pm

According to your logs, your macro doesn't work properly then. Make sure you are using it in the correct order.
I highly recommend using weakauras addon for tracking CDs.
As for Evocation, you are probably using Arcane Barrage too often. While fights like MOTHER could allow you to miss an Evocation, Taloc is definitely not one of those. Manage your mana according to the time you have!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”