Fire Mage DPS Query

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Shabalaka

Fire Mage DPS Query

Unread postby Shabalaka Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:52 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to Fire and am posting in the hope to find out why my DPS results are so terrible.

I have looked at quite a few other Fire Mages on Warcraftlogs and notice that some have stacked Haste (1700+ ) and have hardly no Crit and others have stacked Crit like crazy (1700+), With this in mind i tried stacking Mastery (I thought stacked Mastery would give me higher Ignite procs).

I have yet to try out the Haste Stack(Which i changed to last night so have no DPS Scores for this), 10K instant Pyroblast feels so bad or is this about right for an instant cast one?

I dont like the Rune of Power talent as the whole stand in 1 position I find really hard to do because I am no pro so for example if i put down a Rune and then get Rolling deceit i have to run away from my Rune and place the debuff and then come back and re-cast Rune which is why i went with Incanters.

This has caused me quite some confusion and my DPS scores have suffered badly for this.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

I did try playing Frost but I didn,t like the playstyle, Fire seems much more fun because of the mobility factor.

Any Advice or help is greatly appreciated!
Wolk

Re: Fire Mage DPS Query

Unread postby Wolk Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm not a top100 mage by far but some things stand out when i look at your logs
Looking at your last Taloc HC log your combustion opener isn't optimal.

You cast 3 fireblasts in a row without using your instant pyro's. Also it's better to use scorch during combustion window if there is no more fireblast or phoenixflames up, it's all about stuffing as much instant pyro's during that 10 sec window.
Check this link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6917 on this site to see the right combustion opener with your tallent setup.

Also @ 00:01:54.572 you cast iceblock and do nothing until 00:03:00.401 dunno why but thats 1 min doing nothing. did you fall of the elevator? @ 00:03:23 the boss reaches 30% HP , I still see you casting a fireball now and then, use scorch <30% same rotation only scorch replaces fireball if you play with searing touch.

Not entirly suer but i think the difference in stat stacking is (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
-Meteor favours haste/mastery and works best with RoP
-Pyroclasm favours crit/haste and works either with IF or RoP
I went for crit stack and have 2558 crit rating(with uldir buff/food) love the 80k till 100k pyroblasts
Last edited by Wolk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shabalaka

Unread postby Shabalaka Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Yes i got knocked off the elevator almost as soon as the thing started so i iceblocked all the way to the bottom.

I just would like for Pyrblast to not hit so weak, So would stacking crit give me bigger instant pyros?

I thought when you got the insta pyro you had to cast fireball and then the pyro or is this wrong ?

Many thnaks for the reply!
Wolk

Unread postby Wolk Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I thought when you got the insta pyro you had to cast fireball and then the pyro or is this wrong ?
During the normal rotation yes, during combustion and execute phase (<30%) replace fireball with scorch. During combustion because you can fit in an extra instant pyro (due to short cast time of scorch) and during execute because your scorch has 100% crit chance so you generate instant pyro's more often.

Stacking crit makes you crit more often (not crit higher) thus generating more heatups and instant pyro's. So a lot of hotstreaks means more pyroclasm procs and you want these to crit as well for the high pyro damage.

I would advise making a weakaura for <30% scorch so you don't forget it and one to monitor the hard cast pyro proc if you gonna use pyroclasm.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:16 am

The people stacking haste are playing with Blaster Master, which is the highest dps build is you can consistantly get 4 stacks of it.
randytaylor

Unread postby randytaylor Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:32 pm

15% haste before array is what you want for BM, the people parsing high with high crit are just itemized for their other specs and playing BM. I can still get 4 stacks with about 13.3% haste if I crit on opener or start my combust with a heating up.
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Im sure many will disagree but with my origin array boosting my crit my sims show my strongest talents as IF and pyroclasm. Which would allow you to drop RoP. With blastermaster you can wait for heating up to cast pyro, wait till 1sec left and FB and Pyro to get a pyroclasm-pyroblast combo which is loads of fun. Could help you. Read up guides to get it right. Its a hard class to master, takes a lot of concentration. Also except for the last 30% of the targets health frost has more mobility, you shouldn't be casting scorch unless you have to for most the fight.

Return to “Fire”