Blaster Master Nerfs

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Yuya

Blaster Master Nerfs

Unread postby Yuya Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Have you guys seen the blaster master nerfs on PTR?. I think it something like - 420 ilevel gear now gives 320 mastery whereas my current 375 piece gives 450 mastery per stack. I'm wondering if this is gonna make different fire mage azerite traits more viable than blaster master in 8.1?
Cinderquill

Re: Blaster Master Nerfs

Unread postby Cinderquill Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 pm

That might just be an adjustment to compensate for us getting more secondaries with higher gear ilvl
Yuya

Unread postby Yuya Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:31 am

@Cinderquill Cant be that because on ptr frost and arcane haven't gotten their azerite traits downscaled, theirs only improve with the higher ilevel gear
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm

This nerf is listed in the recent azerite changes.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Blaster Master is pretty ridicolously overpowered so I'm fine with it being nerfed to be honest.
gatomon_ca

Unread postby gatomon_ca Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am

So with the nerf of mastery by 40% and the max stacks is at 3. Does that mean u only need BM on 1 piece of gear?
Murm

Unread postby Murm Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Blaster Master is pretty ridicolously overpowered so I'm fine with it being nerfed to be honest.
Thinking like that is why all the classes are so ridiculously boring to play right now. BM is not really that overpowered at all, and It's the only trait we have that is any fun and actually changes gameplay. Now it's just back to boring shit like dagger in the back apparently.
bobby1

Unread postby bobby1 Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:43 pm

blaster master will be irrelevant. the new wildfire trait in 8.1 sims higher and probably more fun to play using a crit build .
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:10 am

Thinking like that is why all the classes are so ridiculously boring to play right now. BM is not really that overpowered at all, and It's the only trait we have that is any fun and actually changes gameplay. Now it's just back to boring shit like dagger in the back apparently.
Yea...no mate, wrong. The gameplay of BM is unchanged, you still want to run high haste and refresh stacks as late as possible to get the maximum effect out of the trait. The only thing that has changed is that it's not 2-3 times more effective than other azerite traits (well with the exception of Wildfire, which I think will also get nerfed), which in turn is a very good thing a )considering all the RNG that goes into gearing up and b) relying on one over-performing trait to prop an entire class up the ranks is idiotic.
Norinar

Unread postby Norinar Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289131/the ... ss-changes

Max stack at 3, it is kinda dead by now. I partly agree with you both.
One trait shouldn't be the by far best to stack without any choice, but nerfing it to the ground, without changing the other azerite traits seems kind of lazy. Wildfire seems really boring (=/= weak).
Murm

Unread postby Murm Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Yea...no mate, wrong. The gameplay of BM is unchanged, you still want to run high haste and refresh stacks as late as possible to get the maximum effect out of the trait. The only thing that has changed is that it's not 2-3 times more effective than other azerite traits (well with the exception of Wildfire, which I think will also get nerfed), which in turn is a very good thing a )considering all the RNG that goes into gearing up and b) relying on one over-performing trait to prop an entire class up the ranks is idiotic.
BM isn't good enough anymore to warrant sacrificing any stats for high haste. Even when used optimally, It was never 2-3x more effective than every other trait except in extremely niche situations. With the new titan residuum you can target specific traits anyway, so i don't see why that's a problem.

I guess people like you would prefer every talent be boring in the interest of fairness. What blizzard should be doing is make every class specific trait change up gameplay a little bit like BM and preheat did...instead they just nerf BM into worthlessness and get rid of preheat. It just makes for very boring gameplay, and that is why people are abandoning this game in droves.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am

Scale factors for the default T22 mage profile in SimC, using 2xBM traits instead of 1xBM 1xFm:

More importantly, scaling plot of haste vs intellect:

Haste still sims as the highest secondary, and the break points in the value of haste are still clearly visible. That means a BM mage still wants to maintain the 3x stacks as long as possible to get the best out of the traits, and haste is needed for that.

You may want to stop embarrassing yourself and take your pointless whining back to MMO-C, they will love you there.
Murm

Unread postby Murm Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 pm

No one was arguing that haste is good for BM you knob, the point was BM is not worth taking anymore period because they overnerfed it.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:26 pm

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage ... ing&tier=3
BM second best trait behind Wildfire (which is overperforming compared to pretty much any other traits).

Seriously, just stop.
Murm

Unread postby Murm Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Hey bud, you conveniently left it on "trait stacking" and "patchwerk," where it is still behind wildfire and dagger in the back (my original point). See how it looks with any other dimensions.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Yea this will be my last post here because it's worse than talking to a wall.

I don't see how trait stacking is a problem seeing as it shows a clear breakdown of how much you gain as a function of how many of trait x you have on gear, which is a good representation of how good a trait is (e.g. Duplicative Incineration is actually better than what people give it credit for).

Sims can't predict anything beyond a patchwerk fight reliably because there are too many variables in play (which is why Fire was competitive in Mythic Uldir even before the second buff it received early on in the tier, to name one).
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:07 am

Shouldn't have to strait stack. They should make a % reduction on effectiveness when stacking so people think about their traits instead of just stacking bis. It's more fun to gear for a fight than just having to having to have the same trait on all the time.

Good example is firemind on Taloc. Half the fight he's in seering touch range and firemind is constantly up for it.
Herpie

Unread postby Herpie Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 am

What i don't understand is what happens with trait DPS when looking at AoE.

I get why wildfire pulls ahead ST, so i was thinking when the 5th ring on azerite is introduced it might be worth getting both wildfire and blastermaster traits on gear. both do well on single target, and i would have thought blaster master would do great in cleave fights.

But on bloodmallet this does not show... blastermaster drops in this list when looking at cleave... any idea why this happens?
For some reason blightborn is on top of this list :s
I get sims get less reliable when simming anything beyond patchwork...

What do you guys think; will blastermaster+wildfire combo's be effective?

Also; how about duplicative incineration, will that be good? ive been looking at various combo's with 5th ring gear, and there are quite e few combo's where this trait will be picakble. can duplicative inceneration munch heating up? cuz that would be really bad...

Return to “Fire”