Judge Me! Logs link inside.

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Nawgy

Judge Me! Logs link inside.

Unread postby Nawgy Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that if anyone has the time to help, they would be able to have a look at my logs from our last guild raids.

Character is Hera.

I want to improve myself, I believe i should be getting better DPS than what i currently am.

Currently sitting around 13k DPS on Mythic Taloc fights.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZF6A72JjC8tnmT1x/

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nawgy

Re: Judge Me! Logs link inside.

Unread postby Nawgy Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm

I know that i have been using Glacial wrong, and i have been working on better management of my rotations and CD's.
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 am

I took a quick look at the mythic taloc fight. Your DPS was 82nd percentile for you ilvl, so you're not doing terrible. I might have missed it, but it didn't look like you used a pre-pot or a pot during lust. That should help some.

I'm not good enough to help you into the 95th+ percentile, so I'd just suggest trying wow analyzer https://wowanalyzer.com/ and see if that turns up anything useful. You also might have more success asking questions in the mage discord. Good luck.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 am

Use Bone Chilling over Lonely Winter
Nyrilla

Unread postby Nyrilla Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I didn't spend much time analyzing your logs but here's what I can say from what I've seen you're doing wrong :
- Opener : prepot, precast a frostbolt at 3 seconds, then throw your orb, all CD, reach 5 icicles and GS
- Casting GS : you always want to shatter your GS (make it crit). To do that, you need to keep a flurry proc if you've at least 3 icicles already. You must keep your ebonbolt to create a flurry proc if you don't have one once 5 icicles reached. Don't use ebonbolt otherwise. (You've casted it on your opener --> useless)
- If you don't have any flurry proc while being at 5 icicles, and EB is on cd, keep casting frostbolts waiting for a flurry proc and praying for rng. You don't want to cast a GS without flurry.
- On taloc, during transition phase, you can build 5 icicles on taloc (using your flurry procs) and cast a GS on adds freezing them with either your pet or your nova (cast nova right after the end of the GS cast, the add will be frozen during the GS's travel time, making the GS crit).

I hope this will help.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”